Exercise - Where did you begin?

Options
KDunnMFP
KDunnMFP Posts: 8 Member
How did you start out with exercise? I haven't had much success with losing, but I have not gained while using MFP. Clueless, figure exercise has to be the key. Can no longer do high protein for health reasons. Open to suggestions.

Replies

• KristiMillner08
    KristiMillner08 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. I have bad knees so I can't do much of any high impact exercises. I got me a recumbent exercise bike for home and I got the WII Fit board. I started off slow and I am slowly increasing how much I use them. I also just try to take more steps each day. Do you have a fitness tracker? I recommend one of those. There is one called the Misfit that is extremely inexpensive but works great. It tracks steps and your sleep.
  • chubbyswagger
    chubbyswagger Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Are you using a foodscale? Is it possible you're not logging everything (oil, coffee, drinks, etc)? If you give me your age, height, weight, I can figure out your TDEE and see how many calories you need to lose weight.
  • chubbyswagger
    chubbyswagger Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh, and one more thing: do you have a very high sodium intake? High sodium means a lot of water weight, which may mess with your results on the scale.
  • KDunnMFP
    KDunnMFP Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sorry everyone, I had a lot going on. Dropped off MFP for a month or so. (And lost a few lbs, go figure.) But doc and dietician put me on special diet. I appreciate the advice. I will get a fitness tracker and a scale. Hope you are all seeing progress.