Team Challenge Two: Great Britain, End to End. Starts 1st May (join anytime)

Options
Hello, fellow walkers

Welcome to the second team walking challenge. This time around, we’re walking the length of Great Britain, from John O’Groats to Lands End. Come and join Team Awesome as we walk pathways, cross lush fields (mind the sheep!) visit historic sites, and maybe enjoy a cup of tea or two along the way.

https://worldwalking.org/route/gkjelr

This is a step up from our first challenge. Not only does it last a month, but it covers a toe-blistering 988 miles!

c4w26mdtahvg.jpg

Same rules as Challenge One apply. We add our activity together, no matter what we've been doing, be it walking, cycling or dancing, and at the end of the month our accumulated steps/miles should take us over the finishing line. You just need to add whatever you've done between the 1st and 31st May, and I will tally up the activity and post regular updates.

You are free to do as much as you are comfortable doing. There will be no judgement, no pressure to overdo things, it’s all about just being active and working together as a team.

As Team Awesome kicked butt in Challenge One, I am confident that we’ll do brilliantly in Challenge Two. If this all goes well, who knows, a walk around the world could be next…

If you’re interested in taking part in this challenge, please add your name to the spreadsheet (link below). You can join at any time, be it before it starts or a day from the end. Every single step counts.

See you on the road, friends :smile:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12bhmx_IFyqad7KbOOHJOF8mugOtDsbacgFJpniPJA5Q/edit?usp=sharing

(It’s a Google sheet, but you should be able to add data regardless of whether you have a Gmail account as I’ve amended the settings so that anyone with the link can edit)

Replies

• MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    i'm in!!! thanks for the work you do to on these
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    hmmm...I think I'll be able to start walking again by May & if so, I'll participate.
  • audrey13027
    audrey13027 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm in! (Woo-hoo...I finally get to "see" Scotland!) :-D
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I'm in !!!
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Excellent to see you all here, I'm looking forward to this walk :smiley:

I've already created a few maps, and I'll try and make sure we get some screenshots of towns and villages we may encounter along the way.

It doesn't matter whether you do a 'little' or a 'lot', every single step gets us that much closer to the finish line.
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    hmmm...I think I'll be able to start walking again by May & if so, I'll participate.

That'd be fab :smile:
    See how you go, and if you feel you're ready to join us, we'd be happy to have you.
    katdanash wrote: »
    I'm in !!!

I've added your name (hope you don't mind).
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Add me, I am back to being able to move again :)
  • arlenestrohmaier
    arlenestrohmaier Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm in, please :)
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    Add me, I am back to being able to move again :)

Done :smile:
    I'm in, please :)

Added :smile:

• jesscoll317
    jesscoll317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! :)
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    I'm in too! :)

I've added you :smile:

Its great to see more people signing up :smiley:

Hopefully you should all be able to add your activity come May 1st. If you're having any problems with the spreadsheet, give me a shout.

As a team, we need to cover 31.88 miles per day to succeed. That may sound a lot, but currently there are 7 of us, and that equals out to around 4.5 miles per day, which is about the 10,000 step mark. If we get an 8th member, it takes it down to around the 4 mile a day mark. Some of us will do more, some less, but its a team effort, we're all working and walking together.
  • yosoysierra
    yosoysierra Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in I can use the motivation!!!
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    I'm in I can use the motivation!!!

And we'd be delighted to have you on the team :smiley:
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    Giving this a little bump, as this is now only 6 days away (and because I need something to kick my butt into getting some exercise!).

New joiners are welcome anytime, you can do as much or as little as you like, it'll be nice to have some company along the way :smile:
  • ClarissaCLD
    ClarissaCLD Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I don't really do any walking as it irritates my IBS, so how would I record my exercise if I decided to join in?
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    Just before the last challenge, one of the other members shared a document detailing a large number of activities and roughly what they equate to, so if you'd like to take part, you can enter whatever activity you've done (whether its swimming, chair dancing, etc ) and I'll work it out into steps/distance, and then add it to the total.
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    Shameless thread bump!

The walk starts in two days time, so strap on your walking boots, and get ready, get set....
  • jesscoll317
    jesscoll317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've been driving most of the morning and afternoon, but I can't wait to get my sneakers on and log some steps for this challenge when I get home.
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    I'm about to upload my steps for the day. I fell short of what I wanted to do on Day One as, to be honest, I slept in until early afternoon after being out rather late last night at a friend's house, and maybe sampled one too many vodka and oranges!

Tomorrow, I'll aim to do a little more.
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    I'm hoping to do some major mileage this weekend! I convinced my partner that walking in the countryside would be a good idea, because the weather's gonna be great, and also because I promised him there would be a pub in the middle and end of the walk!
    The route I want to take is 8.8 miles, so I'm planning to amble along. That's the plan anyway...