Team Challenge Two: Great Britain, End to End. Starts 1st May (join anytime)

Options

Replies

• audrey13027
    audrey13027 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Been laid up w/nasty sinus/allergy thing...hope to do a bit better in terms of "steppin" in the next few days! :/
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    What a great idea! I both cycle and do a lot of steps every day. I went ahead and added my records from week one today and will update as the month progresses! Thanks for setting this up!
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    mrron2u wrote: »
    What a great idea! I both cycle and do a lot of steps every day. I went ahead and added my records from week one today and will update as the month progresses! Thanks for setting this up!

We're happy to have you with us :)
  • BigChangeNeeded
    edited May 2016
    Options
    So, here we go. Our first weekly update.

Drum roll please...

11ojsx3z7bg8.gif

As a team, we have covered 183 miles in our first week! That's awesome, well done to you all!

2rxotsnv9f3k.jpg

We're passing through the Cairngorms National Park, full of small towns, beautiful scenery, a few nice distilleries, and one or two castles!

drumoc47.jpg

Rothiemurchus-Estate-Cairngorms.jpeg

Cairgorms-Scotland.jpg

Carr-Bridge-0038.jpg

All the miles I've added to the total I've now coloured green, so late additions can be added when they're put on the sheet.

I'll post another update at the end of week two, as we travel past the Cairngorms, and down through Scotland, and onto England.

• RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Looks lovely, Thank you for posting pictures :)
  • jesscoll317
    jesscoll317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!! I've never been to the UK, but I love the Outlander series of books and seeing these Scottish sites is exciting. Even virtually. :)
  • audrey13027
    audrey13027 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have so few miles this challenge 'cuz I'm too busy enjoying Highland scenery! :p
  • schmitz17
    schmitz17 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I am late to the walk. I just added my numbers. I forgot about the walk until just yesterday. But glad I am back, I loved the first walk.
  • arlenestrohmaier
    arlenestrohmaier Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've been out of town and just added in my numbers.
  • Tata0716
    Tata0716 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am going to be late adding some of mine too, I can on do it when on desktop, sorry! Amazing first week guys!!!! :D
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    Thanks for adding, folks.

I'll do a mid-week tally tomorrow to get a better idea of where we are.
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    Ok, I'll post the mid-week tally later on today (in 6 to 7 hours time), so if anyone has any steps/miles/minutes etc up to yesterday, pop them on the sheet, I'll add them on, and we'll see what part of glorious Great Britain we're currently walking through..
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    Mid-week update time!

So, in 11 days, we have covered a grand total of 298.97 miles! That's 30% of the whole target!

8714arqo5ofk.jpg

We've reached Edinburgh, a scenic and historical city.

0sacv26fefay.jpg

i6l5hd81r7ui.jpg

w18bk2iawg6n.jpg

blqe8dvknzkj.jpg

6304w9dnppth.jpg

Is anyone brave enough for a stroll round the Edinburgh Dungeons?....

• arlenestrohmaier
    arlenestrohmaier Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Great work everyone! I'm going to take a little break and visit the dungeons. :#
  • jesscoll317
    jesscoll317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Beautiful photos! I'm up for the dungeons -- as long as we've got flashlights. :)
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    Ok folks, get your steps updated, as I'll be adding these up in a few hours and seeing where we've got to.....
  • Tata0716
    Tata0716 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Is it okay if I add in my miles since May 5th? I know I'm awful at keeping up with this :( I need to try and get my phone working properly so I can update on my phone
  • BigChangeNeeded
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Of course, Tara, add in as many as you can remember. I'll add everything on and post a total in a bit...
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    Ok, here we go, folks....

We crossed the half way line!!!

Lily_allen_yay_woot_aw_yeah.gif

zo39lfqwpk75.jpg

We've walked all the way through Scotland, and have now reached the stunning Durham Cathedral in the north of England. Whether you go to church for services, or are just a big history nerd like me, I think we can all appreciate the beautiful architecture on show here:

p29obsc686w3.jpg

le7xz5y09gxp.jpg

Shall we stop off for a while for a picnic?
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    Ok, this is the one week warning!

Tomorrow will be one week from the end of the challenge, so be sure to add your steps to the spreadsheet, and I'll post a total tomorrow. Happy walking....