Advice required!

Options
Hey.I'm a medical student and y'all know how hectic it is.Loads of binge eating and fast food mania,10 kgs in a year.Currently 85 kgs,6'1".Planning to lose that 10 kgs and gain some lean muscle mass at the same time.Advice,peeps?

Replies

• koslowkj
    koslowkj Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Optometry student here! I think the best thing I'm doing is making sure I have time in my schedule to exercise. I try to work out when I get home from class for the day and before I sit down to study. Obviously its not perfect since every day isn't the same (for example, I have a practical this week, so I've been on campus a lot more than some other weeks) but having a somewhat regular time makes it easier.

As far as food, try to make your own as much as possible. Things like wraps are really easy to make and keep you full. If you cook, double the recipe so you have leftovers for a few days. Be conscientious about how much you eat. I haven't completely given up snacking while I study, but I put a serving of chips in a bowl instead of eating them straight from the bag.

Good luck! :smile:
  • insomnical
    insomnical Posts: 24 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Have you looked at IIFYM before? I really liked their nutrition design - it's a good starting point for lean muscle. Here's the link to the calculator - you can put in your info and it will give you a really good (free) starting point.

http://www.iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

More in depth information might need you to get your real body fat (possibly a doctor or trainer? I'm not sure) and they have the option to pay an IIFYM coach to do all the work for you. lol
  • Jenuine17
    Jenuine17 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    How about exercising while listening to lecture recordings?
  • Jenuine17
    Jenuine17 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey.I'm a medical student and y'all know how hectic it is.Loads of binge eating and fast food mania,10 kgs in a year.Currently 85 kgs,6'1".Planning to lose that 10 kgs and gain some lean muscle mass at the same time.Advice,peeps?

Wait, 85kg at 6'1" isn't bad at all, though! Maybe the weight gain was meant to be?