Curious question....

Options
emilybeaver
emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
I dropped some massive weight this weekend. I'm scared it's because I didn't eat much on Saturday and that I will gain it back once I start eating like I normally do again. Or is this the big "whoosh" everyone talks about? I'm at 177 this morning and I want to be 175 by the time we go to Florida which is in 3 weeks. I was at 180-181 on Friday. If this is a true weight loss and it stays off it would have taken me a month to get rid of the all day binge of *kitten* food that I had on Easter Sunday.

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't overthink it.
    Time will tell if it sticks around. You know that normal fluctuations may make it seem that you'll have some gain at some point almost certainly, but weight will go up and down. Always.
    This could be a whoosh that you've earned... Time will tell.
    Just keep doing the right things and you WILL get to where you want be when you get there.
    :smile:
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    Thanks lady. You always seem to be my voice reason with this WOE.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Thanks lady. You always seem to be my voice reason with this WOE.

I just can relate so much to this.
    I'm glad it's helpful though. :smile:
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me before - especially when I first start. Most of the time some of it stays away for me - some doesn't. I've been in a constant state of fluctuating between the same 4 pounds for like 2 or 3 months now...I'd love to see a forever gone pound :|
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Some weeks I'll drop weight steadily. Some weeks I'll completely stall even if I'm eating the exact same foods and doing the exact same workout routines and there is no menstruation in play either. For the week or two that I stall, I usually drop a significant amount of weight. I'm guessing you're just experiencing the "Whoosh" that I had actually never heard before so I learned something new.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    I love my data! So here's a look at my most recent whoosh that started upon not logging anymore on March 22 and escalated upon starting carnivore April 1. I even continued showing new losses as I started shark week.
    g1d4m73bfx6r.png
    Buuuuuuuut... Then I've had several days in a row of higher scale weight. This has not affected my average weight yet which is a full pound lower than my scale weight was this morning.
    I like to weigh daily so that I stay fully aware that the scale is a tool to use to determine an average, more accurate weight. I love apps that show you the average weight and take the focus off of the daily scale number.
    Sometimes the average weight goes up too though, so it's important to understand that happens too. But on the short term it doesn't mean much. It's challenging to look at the long game, but that's what really counts.
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    My scale did this recently and I felt like it would never move again. Up, down to previous weight, up, down to previous, then finally it started moving past my original weight but in the TINIEST SMALLEST MOST UNNOTICEABLE increments ever. Sooooo slooooow.
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    And I'm up a lb this morning. But I think I did eat to much yesterday and had too many carbs. Back down to 20g for me.