Starting to feel like a nut!

Options
socalgardengal
socalgardengal Posts: 116 Member
Quite a few people are starting to think I'm nuts for doing this whole VLC Keto and IF. You all know the comments....eat some food, why so much salt, eat more fruit etc etc! I LOVE THE WAY I FEEL with this WOE and no one gets me , besides you all ;) I have been reading everything I can get my hands on about the science behind this way of eating and BOY my blinders are off! What a shame we all have been Guinea pigs for the ACTUAL PIGS‼️ Anyone have some great stuff I should be reading or watching?!?! My brain is craving as much information as I can stuff in there

Replies

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ha! I happily accepted the role of "the guy with the crazy diet." Then my friends started saying stuff like "my blood pressure is kind of high, do you think it'd help me?"

This is the book I recommended to my doctor:
    The Art and Science of Low Carb

There are other recommendations in the launch pad, but that's the bible IMO.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I love it! I know exactly how you're feeling!

There are some book recommendations in the launchpad, but there are also some new ones out recently. I haven't read any of them yet.
    Eat Fat, Get Thin
    Always Hungry?
    The Obesity Code
    Smart Fat
    This one isn't new this year, but I want to read it after this recent drama. More work at pushing nutritionally devoid foods for political motivations at work according to my tin foil hat antenna! Lol
    http://www.dietdoctor.com/cant-handle-truth
    The Big Fat Surprise
  • socalgardengal
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Haha @Sunny_Bunny_ 's tin hat! Almost wore one last year! Still thinking about it :) Well glad I'm not nuts! Thanks for the book recommendations...off to the library to see what they have there then to the bookstore. @ wabmester Thanks I'll hunt that book down for sure! And thank you for the launch pad reminder :)
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I mentioned coffee with MCT oil and butter in it for the first time a few weeks ago and my coworkers are still asking me about it, insisting that it is gross and unhealthy.
  • socalgardengal
    Options
    I'm enjoying a cup right now...sooooooo good! :) Plus it's the only way I can get the coconut oil down. I need unrefined so it has the flavor
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    bowlerae wrote: »
    I mentioned coffee with MCT oil and butter in it for the first time a few weeks ago and my coworkers are still asking me about it, insisting that it is gross and unhealthy.

If they only knew! I love leaving mine coworkers in the mental dust, thought admittedly, I converted one to my low carb ways. LOL
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I purposely let my co-workers watch me put butter in my coffee, and they're a bunch of nurses! It's hilarious! I think they're waiting for me to get fat! They didn't know me "before". Keep reading, and I educate yourself! The fact that you are feeling so good cannot be disputed! Hang in there, and congratulations on your success thus far!!
  • hakamruth
    hakamruth Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I love my buttered coffee. Thinking about bringing my magic bullet, butter, and MCT oil on my Las Vegas trip so that I can whip up BPC every morning.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I tried butter in my coffee and it was not good. I must be the minority here...it doesn't gross me out or anything, I just really did not like it.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    hakamruth wrote: »
    I love my buttered coffee. Thinking about bringing my magic bullet, butter, and MCT oil on my Las Vegas trip so that I can whip up BPC every morning.

@hakamruth - I would honestly look into a mixer cup! Or a cheap ol' milk frother for $10 or less...battery operated an all that!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

@hakamruth - I would honestly look into a mixer cup! Or a cheap ol' milk frother for $10 or less...battery operated an all that!

I found a milk frother for less than $7 on Amazon that works so well I stopped using my stick blender. I too it on a recent weekend trip and kept it in my purse the whole time. It was nice to have on hand when we went to Starbucks so I could blend the Kerrygold into my Americano! While my friends and the barista looked at me like I was a freak!
    But since then, one of those friends has joined us on the dark side and has reached her lowest weight in over 10 years in her first month!
    She had been having hypoglycemic symptoms and they're completely gone already!
  • socalgardengal
    Options
    My son was born with severe hypoglycemia. He's 17 and won't listen to me about the carbs....argh! My husband has Chrohns and is finally starting to listen and has cut a huge amount of carbs out. Trying to get him off the glutamine though is tough. It's a start.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options

I took my milk frother, butter and "brain octane" oil to KL. So much easier to make that breakfast than get a monster sinus headache from the "healthy" granola, yoghurt and fruit on offer. Also did brunch n left the muffin under my eggs benedict on the plate.

A guy at work says "how can you do that" when I said I dont eat bread. I imagine that conversation was like speaking with a druggie trying to envision going cold turkey. His was a genuine enquiry from a man who really needs to loose weight and has tried many diets. Feel for him, as my answer is too incongruent with his life to even sound remotely possible.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options

I found a milk frother for less than $7 on Amazon that works so well I stopped using my stick blender. I too it on a recent weekend trip and kept it in my purse the whole time. It was nice to have on hand when we went to Starbucks so I could blend the Kerrygold into my Americano! While my friends and the barista looked at me like I was a freak!
    But since then, one of those friends has joined us on the dark side and has reached her lowest weight in over 10 years in her first month!

Ooh, would you mind sharing the link to the one you got?
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »

Ooh, would you mind sharing the link to the one you got?

This is the one I bought.

MatchaDNA Handheld Electric Milk Frother (Silver Handheld) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018TCWL8O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_xH1fxbCR4AQXR
  • ruffneck813
    ruffneck813 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Aaaaahhhh!! Another item I have to get now, lol. :p Since starting this wol and reading all the excellent ideas in this group I've easily spent over 500 dollars on "stuff" to try out in the last 2 months. And I'm not even home to try any of it yet! ........ But I will be soon
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Aaaaahhhh!! Another item I have to get now, lol. :p Since starting this wol and reading all the excellent ideas in this group I've easily spent over 500 dollars on "stuff" to try out in the last 2 months. And I'm not even home to try any of it yet! ........ But I will be soon

@ruffneck813 At least these things aren't expensive! Sunny's one is even on sale. I hope it still is on Friday!! Payday!