Weekly Post 18.04. - 24.04.16

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
Hope you all had / have a good week!

At the end of last weeks post, I summed up a bit of information on the fluctuations of my weightloss and what I found it linked to. To all the newbies - Weightloss isn't linear for most of us. The body is complex and fasting flushes out water and glycogen, that you retain again on your NFD. Fluctuations are normal for many reasons and probably a bit bigger, when cal cycling like on 5:2.

No weightloss for me last week, but I did get in 3 runs and a swim in from Sunday to Sunday. More than I have done in a while and it felt good! I'm off work this week and fasting today. If I get through the morning, I should do ok ;-) I have a coffee date in the afternoon and tai chi class in the evening, thus that will keep me busy. Will try to stay a little lower on Tuesday and Wednesday too, as my next fast won't be until next Monday.

One more coffee...and then I will go visit my rebounder. It says, it's missed me and the workout and the shower afterwards will keep me away from the kitchen :p

Replies

• dryheatfitness
    dryheatfitness Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Fast day today was a breeze. Saved my 500 calories for dinner w/ a banana smoothie desert. Also packed a big salad in a jar for lunch tomorrow so I'm not tempted to eat out. 2nd fast day this week will be unconventional - I plan to have breakfast Wednesday and then nothing else until lunch Thursday. Saturday I'm scheduled to do a 4.2 mile race (Pat Tillman run in Tempe, Az). I'll be walking for the most part, but gonna do it just the same.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    @dryheatfitness good job I like your salad in a jar idea! Good luck on sat!! Hydrate!! The daughter just worked the med tent for the Vancouver sun run and dehydrated people were dropping like flys!

I've just had 2 unplanned fd in a row!! So now the hard part is staying within maintenance the rest the week :/
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Off for a few days...will come and read all of your input on Sunday ;-)
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Had a fairly successful FD yesterday. My next one will be on Friday. It sounds like everyone is being met with success, both new members and those of us more seasoned. I'd like to add additional observations to the new people. This way of eating really is about focusing on each day rather than the end goal, which I didn't appreciate at first. Personally, I weigh myself anywhere from once a week to once a month. If I feel like I've had a nice loss for the week, I'll weigh myself. I'm still trying to get a feel of where my body is based on how I look and feel and sometimes I need to check with the scale. The other thing is to remember that even when you don't get a loss, you are still reaping the benefits. There is A LOT of new info regarding longevity, inflammation control, and disease prevention surrounding intermittent fasting (which was what initially attracted me to IF). To me, each successful FD is a step towards preventing potential chronic disease which is something that hits closer to home as one gets older. The weight loss is awesome, don't get me wrong, but preventing monthly dr visits, prescription meds, and painful side effects of disease is where it's at!! Here's to good health, everyone!!
  • KettleBelle68
    KettleBelle68 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :)

I'm not a regular poster, but I wanted to take a few to thank you all for sharing your experiences, thoughts and ideas. You have no idea how helpful you all are!!! From somebody who is new to the 5:2 lifestyle...THANK YOU!!!!!! So thankful I found this group. Hope you all have a great day/week!
  • dryheatfitness
    dryheatfitness Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Funky fast day is going well. Had breakfast burrito and banana after my ride this morning and wasn't tempted by anything so far. Gonna try to last out the evening without eating but figuring put a 200 cal backup plan just in case.
    I also hit 10k steps for first time in forever! I bought a new Fitbit Blaze and am determined to stack on the steps.
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm still around. I failed at fasting the last two weeks but this week is going well.
    Sometimes my fast days do end up back to back just by default (working through lunch), but I find like previously posted that it makes it difficult to eat within maintenance and sets me up for over eating/feeling deprived.
    I personally have to weigh in a couple times a week and I graph it on paper. It really helps to see the trend in my loss/gains and how consistent they are each month (gains around TOM,etc).
    Welcome all the newcomers and thanks to those of you who keep this flowing!
  • Juliemoo1960
    Juliemoo1960 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am back on mfp after a long break and back on the 5:2 after gaining back weight.I am on the second FD of the week and already feel the benefits of this regime. I know this works I just need to get my head back into the zone. Hope you are all having a great week.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Just returned from my days away.

Went shopping with a friend in Freiburg...bought myself a cute little summer dress and shoes...so cool to be able to walk into stores and just try things on...and they fit :p Not good for my bank account but good for my soul ;)

Also spent two days helping my sister and family with the renovation of their new old house...my muscles were very tired, when I got home last night. Had a very relaxing ride on my care horse this morning. The quiet and regular movement felt like a little massage. When I dismounted my muscles felt much better :) Will probably go for a walk this afternoon if the weather isn't too bad. Seems winter is saying hello one last time, before it allows spring to come definitely.

Next fast tomorrow.

Have a great weekend!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,554 Member
    Options
    Weighed in today and I was exactly the same as last week. After a loooong week, I will happily take that! I want to get back to where I was at the beginning of the school year by the last day of school. I lost 12 pounds last summer, and have basically maintained within about 5 lbs since then, which is pretty good. I have been looking over my log and finding a LOT of processed/convenience/restaurant meals. I am tired. But, I need to get back to foods that I KNOW what the calories are, not just estimates, which is what a lot of those foods are. So, it is off to the store I go, to stock up on good stuff and hopefully get moving again. :)
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I did two unplanned fasts earlier in the week so the rest of this week has been to see if I can stick to maintenance. I did surprisingly well and even on Friday I was a little under wondering what else I could have to build up calories. Chocolate came to mind, but the cupboard was empty! The last 3 days my poor golden retriever has been sick, so no 10k steps Friday or Sat, but I did manage to get out today. I have a dinner out tonight at a restaurant so I figure I shouldn't even worry about logging the rest of today. What will be, will be, right? Hope everyone's had a great weekend. Great to hear everyone's updates!!