April Coffee/Tea and Gratitude List

Options
retirehappy
retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
Some slacker didn't get this thread started on time. >:)

Replies

• retirehappy
    Options
    Grateful the recipe for no knead bread worked out. Only cooked up a 1/3 of the recipe, supposedly it adds more flavor the longer you let it sit in the fridge, not a sour dough bread, but it does take on some of the characteristics after 7 days. This was only 2 days in the fridge, turned out pretty good. I had tried to add sesame seeds to the top but they all just flew off after I removed the loaf from the over. Gotta find out the stick'em trick for those, I love them on breads. My new method of slashing the top of the loaf turned out excellent, so not a total failure at all.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Grateful they decided to give my husband the med he needed to easy his pain. I am also grateful that my second round of mammogram gave me an all clear. I am also grateful for the new hourly activity module on fitbit. I met my 10K goal plus a few and I had set mine up for 10 hrs. I got the 250 steps in all ten hours. It was a good day.

Hope everyone else had a good day too.
  • Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,115 Member
    Options
    Grateful that the sun finally appeared! Unfortunately cold arctic air and wind chill came with it but hey, when the sun smiles down on us everyone's spirits rise!
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Thank heavens the new med was prescribed. There's no call for unnecessary suffering.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Mariang165, I agree, the world is always so much more enjoyable with sunshine. We have 60's and clouds today, but I can't complain they were not here yesterday and are supposedly going away tomorrow.

Sharon, that profile picture reminds me of how my husband describes the Swiss roads in the winter. The people keep those high side walls of snow going themselves. Once the road is cleared by the district workers, they keep it up, so they can use the roads. Thankful we don't get piles that high around here.
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I am soooooooooooo grateful that I passed that insurance test on Friday!!! I feel very blessed about that!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    DreamOn145 wrote: »
    I am soooooooooooo grateful that I passed that insurance test on Friday!!! I feel very blessed about that!

Congrats!
    l1ukdv9trwcn.gif
  • DreamOn145
    Options
    Thank you! Thank you! and btw I am a big fan of Leonardo. I think he is an amazing actor and has done some wonderful movies.
  • DreamOn145
    Options
    Grateful for this absolutely gorgeous weather and this time to REST!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Grateful for so many things today, I can't even count !

cw6sbpkr843n.gif
  • DreamOn145
    Options
    For two days last week we were in a panic over a water leak that we could not find! But it turned out to be outside near the corner of the house and was an easy and fairly inexpensive fix. I am soooooo grateful that it turned out that way!

• retirehappy
    Options
    Grateful for Wanda today. She was such a perfect mirror for me. I sent a personal message and I was not only writing to her, but myself as well. I am so thankful she gave a reason to pause and look at myself.

This group can support us in so very many ways.

Wishing all of you a lovely, health filled day.
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Grateful we can get back into our routine soon. We're back up north in the green, with intermittent showers. Love the rain!