MFP net carbs on mobile

Options
jumanajane
jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
Hi all, I am getting lots of questions as to whether the script for making MFP show net carbs actually works on mobiles for those who use the mobile app for MFP??? Is anyone using it on their mobile? I tried on mine but cant get it to work. Are we doing something wrong or is it just configured for desktops??? Thanks.

Replies

• annie422
    annie422 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I believe it only works on desktops.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Wellllll in theory it could work on mobile if you are viewing the mobile version of the website and not the mobile app and you have a way of installing tampermonkey/greasemonkey on your device. But you likely cannot install those scripts on your device so no...desktop only at this point.
  • Wakey618
    Wakey618 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I didn't know there was a net carb feature on desktops! I'll have to look for it again later. I could swear somebody asked about this and was told it wasn't available. Maybe it wasn't at the time but is now - yipeeeee!!!
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Wakey618 wrote: »
    I didn't know there was a net carb feature on desktops! I'll have to look for it again later. I could swear somebody asked about this and was told it wasn't available. Maybe it wasn't at the time but is now - yipeeeee!!!

The feature is not natively available through the MFP website. You must be using either Firefox or Chrome web browser, displaying your Carbs and Fiber in your diary settings and then google "MyFitnessPal Net Carbs Script". You'll be taken to a git repository (I think it was on github.com) and the installation is very easy. The first step of the installation is to download either Greasemonkey or Tampermonkey depending on what browser you are using. This is a completely safe browser extension that can modify the rendering of web pages in your browser (nothing nefarious going on just "tampers with" how it is actually displayed). After you install the script what it does is basically take your column for Carbs and subtract your column for Fiber (which is why both need to be present in your diary settings). It will create a new column called Net Carbs and also displays in green or red your percentages of each macro towards your daily calorie goals.

In a nutshell: it's awesome!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    bowlerae wrote: »
    Wakey618 wrote: »

The feature is not natively available through the MFP website. You must be using either Firefox or Chrome web browser, displaying your Carbs and Fiber in your diary settings and then google "MyFitnessPal Net Carbs Script". You'll be taken to a git repository (I think it was on github.com) and the installation is very easy. The first step of the installation is to download either Greasemonkey or Tampermonkey depending on what browser you are using. This is a completely safe browser extension that can modify the rendering of web pages in your browser (nothing nefarious going on just "tampers with" how it is actually displayed). After you install the script what it does is basically take your column for Carbs and subtract your column for Fiber (which is why both need to be present in your diary settings). It will create a new column called Net Carbs and also displays in green or red your percentages of each macro towards your daily calorie goals.

In a nutshell: it's awesome!

Also - if you add an entry where Fiber is higher than the carb count (or look up a net carb entry where the net carb amount is used as the total carb amount) - you may get a message that is telling you it is bad data, cannot have a negative amount. It will throw off your totals so what I usually do is keep track of my real net carb total on my phone as well.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Not on mobile, unfortunately.

But adding the fiber column makes it pretty easy to figure out yourself. Brush off those dusty elementary math skills and all :wink:
  • jumanajane
    jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    There is a link to how to install it in the Launch Pad! :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Not on mobile, unfortunately.

But adding the fiber column makes it pretty easy to figure out yourself. Brush off those dusty elementary math skills and all :wink:

Heh. My kingdom for a net carbs feature on iPhone. I'd probably be a logger/counter if there was an easy way to do net carbs.