Breakfast can turn heads!

Options
Deena_Bean
Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
I've taken to covering up my food when I walk back to my desk because of the gawking LOL. I don't often want breakfast, but some days I'm just hungry. This whole week has been that way for me, so to be prepared I brought leftover steak and some eggs. Heated up my 5.5 oz steak, threw some butter on it, made an egg in the microwaved (that sadly overcooked the yolk this time so it wasn't runny) - and stuffed it all in a bag and carried it back to my desk to enjoy. I've had 6 pieces of bacon and an omelet before and people are like, 'Wow, how do you eat that and not be 300 pounds?!" I say, "I actually lost weight by eating this." and walk away...but I grow tired of that so now I hide the yums if I'm not in the mood. Steak with butter and eggs and extra salt for SURE would've raised some eyebrows for breakfast!

Replies

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I salt my food in private. B)
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I love putting loads of butter, salt and sour cream on my food in public. I get the most covetous looks from the coworkers. No comments though - not after an almost 20 lb fat loss.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    LOL Isn't life grand?!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I love it!
  • BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Haha, I've always told my closer coworkers (the ones who know what's up with the diet) that when I get close to goal, I'm going to stand around in the common areas blatantly munching on pork rinds.
  • kirstie1978
    kirstie1978 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've just made a chia pudding thing for easy breakfasts. It's amazing (although I haven't had it once it's completely set.... But really scrum my and I'm sure it wouldn't turn many heads!
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 19 lbs so far from doing keto which I started at the end of February but took a 2 week break (ie mess up). So all that in about 6 weeks though it's not quite yet visible because I know a lot of it right off the bat was from water loss. So maybe 10-14 lbs of actual fat but still hardly visible in person. I told my coworkers about my new LCHF WOE, how I'm putting butter and HWC in my coffee and eating 2-4 slices of bacon per day. They are convinced I'm going to die. I hope in the next 5-10 lbs I'll start to see the fat come off my legs which should hopefully make the loss more visible and then they can stop questioning, lecturing, and praying for me.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I love pink Himalayan salt crystals crunched out of my hand. Also I grind my lavender and sea salt crystals mix into my palm for a 'treat.' People think I'm weird, bwahahaha!
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    I love pink Himalayan salt crystals crunched out of my hand. Also I grind my lavender and sea salt crystals mix into my palm for a 'treat.' People think I'm weird, bwahahaha!

Lol, they only thought I was weird until they see my before/after...still they think it's a strange way to eat even if it works
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    BalmyD wrote: »
    Haha, I've always told my closer coworkers (the ones who know what's up with the diet) that when I get close to goal, I'm going to stand around in the common areas blatantly munching on pork rinds.

And with butter dribbling out the sides of your mouth -- that would be best.