Keto and Cross Fit

Options
dcristo213
dcristo213 Posts: 117 Member
I have been back on keto now for about 3 weeks and doing well with weight loss. I really want to start getting active again, but unlike other times when all I did was cardio (mostly running/jogging), this time I want to also build muscle and strength. I attended a free class at a local cross fit gym and omg...I got a great workout. I was sore for days, but I loved the work out. I was wondering what experiences you all may have had with cross fit while doing keto. Thanks.

Replies

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Just go for it --- whether keto or not, as someone new to CrossFit you will have the workouts scaled so that they are appropriate for your ability level.

The soreness will go away when you workout regularly.
  • dessiepenn
    dessiepenn Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Not actual cross fit but I workout 5 days a week. Heavy lifting, running and my new favorite battle rope. I can tell the days i need a little more carbs because I run out of steam in the gym. I'll typically eat nuts an hour or more before my mid day workout. I also will do a carb refeed one day a week but I've been experimenting with keto for several years now, so my advice to you wait on those until you are more adapted. My typical carb intake is 30-40 which is mostly from veggies and nuts.
  • dcristo213
    dcristo213 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your feedback. I did join the Cross Fit gym in my neighborhood and attended my second class this past Saturday. I am sore today, but not as bad as last week. My goal is to work out 3 days per week.
  • dessiepenn
    dessiepenn Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I actually try to have delayed onset muscle soreness. It means I continue to push and strengthen my muscles. With rest days between working muscle groups. I've heard a lot of good things about cross fit.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    dessiepenn wrote: »
    I actually try to have delayed onset muscle soreness. It means I continue to push and strengthen my muscles. With rest days between working muscle groups. I've heard a lot of good things about cross fit.

@dessiepenn Foam rollers will be your friend for DOMS! LOL