ADJUSTING MFP

Options
Is there a way to adjust the MFP food diary to show Macros for low carb eating? How do you use this tracking for a low carb diet?

Replies

• laursed
    laursed Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I adjusted mine under goals. I lowered my carbs and raised my protien and fat
  • LindaWaltonLambert
    LindaWaltonLambert Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can't get it to read 20 carbs no matter what I do. I guess I will just leave it and know what I want.
  • Liliesatdaybreak
    Liliesatdaybreak Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I only use this app on my phone. What I do is I tell it what % I want under goals. Then when you go to nutrition it shows you two pie charts and one table. The first pie chart is calories per meal and the second is the macro break downs!

So I set my goals at 15% total carbs, 25% protein and 60% fat...and the pie chart makes it really easy to see if I'm in range.

Then I go to the table and see what my total carbs were and the line right under that is fiber! A quick subtraction and I know my net carbs. If it says 45 total carbs and 25 are fiber, I'm good. If it says 45 and 7 of them are fiber...I need to be more careful with what I'm doing and look into that.

It's not perfect for keto, but it does give me both my 1) net carbs and 2) a good picture of how my total carb count balances out across my entire diet.
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I just kept changing my percentage until the grams were right. I do wish it would do net carbs, but it's not too hard.
  • loki444
    loki444 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, try the MFP Tips from https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/keto_in_a_nutshell#wiki_7a_my_fitness_pal_tips

That's how I set up my MFP. That site also has some really good informational material and recipes on how to eat this way.