OOOPS..DID IT AGAIN..FELL OFF THE WAGON...GAINED 4 LBS IN ONE NIGHT...

Options
stesig13
stesig13 Posts: 247 Member
I am not sad or anything. I am just curious , how the f it happen? i lnow i know its water retention, but still...4 lbs? really?
So today i will be trying to get rid of it,and i will not starve myself, i love myself and my body too much to disrespect us this way :)
what do you usually do when it happens to you?

Replies

• cynbet69
    cynbet69 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Hi well that just happened to me about two weeks ago cause I was sick, and last Monday when I weighed myself I had gain 5 lbs and I think it was the soup cause that has a lot of sodium boy I was sad but I know cause I wasn't eating healthy due to being sick so I just did more exercise everyday and counted my calories some days I eat my e exercise calories but I did it I lost them by Saturday morning , and as the weekend comes it's very hard for me but I did good yesterday and I'm gonna try today so hopeful I didn't gain anything back I'll know on Monday when I weigh myself , I wish you luck and you got this
  • stesig13
    stesig13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    cynbet69 wrote: »
    Hi well that just happened to me about two weeks ago cause I was sick, and last Monday when I weighed myself I had gain 5 lbs and I think it was the soup cause that has a lot of sodium boy I was sad but I know cause I wasn't eating healthy due to being sick so I just did more exercise everyday and counted my calories some days I eat my e exercise calories but I did it I lost them by Saturday morning , and as the weekend comes it's very hard for me but I did good yesterday and I'm gonna try today so hopeful I didn't gain anything back I'll know on Monday when I weigh myself , I wish you luck and you got this

We have our group weighins on Friday
    So I will huff and I will puff and I will push this weight off
  • cynbet69
    cynbet69 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    stesig13 wrote: »
    cynbet69 wrote: »

We have our group weighins on Friday
    So I will huff and I will puff and I will push this weight off

Right there you go you can do it and I will huff and puff with you
  • Brolivia3D
    Brolivia3D Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    It's pretty normal for your weight to fluctuate as much as 5lbs throughout the day, so I wouldn't be too worried! Could be water retention (1gal water is 8.3lbs), or even an impending BM (an adult colon can hold 10lbs of waste). I've weighed myself in the morning and then in the afternoon and have it fluctuate by that much.
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    It hasn't happened to me for a while, but it would usually be around the TOM for me...if it wasn't that - then I would eat strictly 1200 cals for a week to get it off quick! lol - but to go up 4lb that quick usually has to be something to do with water retention, bowel movements etc.. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
  • hoovhome
    hoovhome Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Be sure you drink enough water. It takes fluid in to process fluid out. Watch hidden sodium in your food choices. I gained 3 pounds last week over a 2-day period when I started working out harder. Although it seems like all the sweating I did should have reflected in a weight loss, I am pretty sure the culprit was not enough water intake added for the sweating. The rule of thumb I learned is 4 ounces for every 15 minutes of heavy exercise in addition to the amount to lose/maintain weight (half the number of your goal weight in ounces).