Opinion wanted. Picture post

Options
AverageJoeFit
AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
Warning pictures if a guy in compression shorts only.

I want others opinion. I don't see any change after two months of body recomp training. My wife says there is a ton of difference. I only felt comfortable posting here in this select group. First picture was two months ago. Second was two days ago.

8k33sbpup9nj.jpg
hiiqznctq0l2.jpg

Replies

• singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I'll play since no one else will. First I will say it's hard on my screen to look at the photos side by side. I have to look at one, then the other, which makes it difficult.

It looks to me like you have a little bit more definition in your arms and legs, but I can't say that with absolute certainty. As you said in an earlier thread, recomp is very tough!

Sometimes pictures can be deceiving. I think the scale, reliable BF measurements, and the tape measure tell a better story. Not to mention how you are feeling! Are you getting stronger?

Good luck and keep up the good work!
  • nicolemarie999
    nicolemarie999 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I agree, I see more definition in arms and legs and some subtle changes in your chest. Good job!
  • AverageJoeFit
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I'm kinda embarrassed about posting the photos but I wanted opinions.

Losing weight is one thing being comfortable in your body is another thing entirely.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    front delts look more rounded also! keep it up!!
  • singletrackmtbr
    Options
    Nothing to be embarrassed about. It's all about support and transparency here in my book. Keep it up!
  • thehoss316
    thehoss316 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    This is what the group is for! I do see improved definition. Job well done!
  • Weights4me
    Weights4me Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I see it in the legs. Kudos for posting!
  • Yisrael1981
    Yisrael1981 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hard to tell since they are not side by side, however often changes are not in how cut you are rather size which would be very hard to judge from pictures. I would recommend using a tape measure.
    Also recomposition doesn't work in everyone especially if you have experience lifting and even if it does it goes painstakingly slow. You may want to consider a mini cut
  • AverageJoeFit
    Options
    Hard to tell since they are not side by side, however often changes are not in how cut you are rather size which would be very hard to judge from pictures. I would recommend using a tape measure.
    Also recomposition doesn't work in everyone especially if you have experience lifting and even if it does it goes painstakingly slow. You may want to consider a mini cut

Yea I am considering it. I'm still over weight according to BMI. So i could lose a 10 - 15 lbs still.

I'm going to continue on my current plan to finish out the month. I planned out the month of April as an experiment month. So I'll keep it up for one more week and adjust next month.

Thank you all for the replies. Still feel embarrassed but that is the kind of person I am.
  • singletrackmtbr
    Options
    BMI is not an accurate measurement of health or fitness. Body fat percentage, chest/waist ratios are examples of much more telling indicators.

So you may or may not be overweight, but either way I recommend staying away from BMI as your primary indicator.