What We Eat - Challenge Diet Part 2

Options
BelleCakes2018
BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
Okay...

In response to Stellas request I have started this thread about the kinds of foods we eat on our different diet plans.
This is the 2nd part to the Challenge Diet thread and the Sister thread to What Diet is Everyone Doing.

We can all post a typical days eating for each of us. This will open up the opportunity for anyone who wants to do a Challenge Diet to pick the menu plan they like the sound of the most!

I shall start, with 1 days typical eating for me.
I shall list the meals, without measurements (this can be done at a later date) but I will put the calorie total at the bottom so everyone can see the calorie total for the day as that is what most of us are interested in.

Please join me! This will also be nice for anyone who has a closed diary, but who would like to share a little detail about their eating plans. I also think it will be really helpful for anyone who may be struggling and may not want to mention it. They can compare their diets to others for a little reassurance.

Happy Posting!!!! <3

Replies

• BelleCakes2018
    Options
    My Typical Day - Keto Plan - Daily Calorie Goal - 1400

Breakfast
    1 egg and 2 rashers of thick cut bacon. Half a steak tomato and a large flat mushroom all fried in butter.
    Served with a sugar free ketchup, and a cup of black tea with cream.

Lunch
    Half can of tuna in oil mixed with mayonnaise. Served on top of salad leaves and chopped cucumber.

Dinner
    Beef meatloaf with steamed broccoli, fine green beans and some sweet red peppers fried in coconut oil.
    Veggies are topped with some grated cheddar.

Snacks
    2 cups of sugar free jelly with cream

Drinks
    Caramel cream coffee, sugar free soda, water and 1 cup of chicken broth.

Total Calories for the day.. 1389
  • stesig13
    stesig13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i just have goosebumps how good it soounds.If you tried it and it works for you, i will deffinetely try it.
    i just cant describe my diet bc its all over the place and i listen to my body what it wants. SO I WILL DEFFINETELY TRY BELLAS!
  • Kareesdiet
    Kareesdiet Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I like the lunch I can take that with me!!!
  • sam06ana
    sam06ana Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm on a liquid diet. I struggle to get 1,000 calories. I'm not doing this as weight loss, I had several teeth that had grown into my sinus cavities. Those holes didn't close on their own, abscess happened. So, until those heal enough for the surgery, fatty drinks her calories. For me breakfast is iced coffee 100 cal a cup 4 cups. Lunch is a protein drink at around 180 cal. Dinner is usually another protein shake with yogurt or applesauce. Tonight I broke the rules and had a very soft baked tater with 1 tbs of butter and 2 tbs of parmesan cheese.
  • BelleCakes2018
    Options
    sam06ana wrote: »
    Right now I'm on a liquid diet. I struggle to get 1,000 calories. I'm not doing this as weight loss, I had several teeth that had grown into my sinus cavities. Those holes didn't close on their own, abscess happened. So, until those heal enough for the surgery, fatty drinks her calories. For me breakfast is iced coffee 100 cal a cup 4 cups. Lunch is a protein drink at around 180 cal. Dinner is usually another protein shake with yogurt or applesauce. Tonight I broke the rules and had a very soft baked tater with 1 tbs of butter and 2 tbs of parmesan cheese.

I don't blame you! Potatoes are very soft anyway :)
  • BelleCakes2018
    Options
    Kareesdiet wrote: »
    I like the lunch I can take that with me!!!

Lol - do you have to take packed lunches to your job? Alot of what I make for lunch tends to be in advance as it's not always I feel like breakfast and I only like cooking one meal per day - preferring to grab pre-prepared stuff from the fridge that I can eat straight away. For my diet it would mean things like hard boiled eggs, cheese, etc. I make meatloaf and divide that into portions, and scotch eggs I often eat for breakfast as well as lunch! lol
  • BelleCakes2018
    edited April 2016
    Options
    stesig13 wrote: »
    i just have goosebumps how good it soounds.If you tried it and it works for you, i will deffinetely try it.
    i just cant describe my diet bc its all over the place and i listen to my body what it wants. SO I WILL DEFFINETELY TRY BELLAS!

Stella it definitely works for me! I really enjoy this way of eating. But do remember what I said.. Calories still count, and you can feel pretty awful when you first take up this way of eating!
    But the fullness and satisfaction I get from my meals plus other benefits are well worth it to me.

Just to note - it doesn't matter what you eat, you can still write it down even if we can't follow it, lovely Sam06ana did. :)
    Just write the calories you eat and what a typical days eating for you is... doesn't matter how mad it is - I will bet you anything mine has been worse over the years!! (I'll even tell you if it makes you feel betterx)
  • fwitsend1277
    fwitsend1277 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Breakfast
    Cheerios and milk

Lunch
    Lentil and vegetable casserole with a pitta pocket
    Mandarin

Dinner
    Grilled fish, broccoli, corn on the cob and cous cous

Snacks
    Banana
    Apple
    Oatcakes and cheddar

Approx 1300-1400 calories
  • BelleCakes2018
    Options
    Is this calorie counting fwitsend? How you finding it?
  • fwitsend1277
    fwitsend1277 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Yeah I calorie counting Bella. Because I'm really picky eater but love veg so it's the easiest for me to follow. I'm finding it easy so far but who knows how long that will last. I've only been at it 3 weeks.
  • BelleCakes2018
    Options
    If you're finding it easy now I can't see you having any problems at all until you reach that point where you NEED to over indulge. And we all get that whatever eating plan we're on! You're food looks pretty tasty, and if you're not feeling deprived then it's perfect for you! :)
  • hoovhome
    hoovhome Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I hope this pulls in okay. If not, I will type it in:

myfitnesspal.com/food/diary?date=2016-04-27