Craving Egg Rolls

Options
KaysKidz
KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
What is a good sub for egg rolls? I'm craving them HARD today. HELP!!!!

Replies

• Couchpotato39
    Couchpotato39 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    There are actually recipes on Pinterest for eggrolls in a bowl which has all the goodness from inside of the eggroll without the super high carb wrapper. Just search and you should be able to find one. Good luck!
  • KaysKidz
    Options
    I found this....the crunch of the wrapper is mostly what I'm missing. :(

http://mariamindbodyhealth.com/paleo-egg-rolls/
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I generally do some variation of egg roll in a bowl (I tend to make it closer to crack slaw most of the time, tbh), but just pork, cabbage, ginger, garlic, tamari soy sauce, and green onions, and maybe some add-ins tastes just like the insides of eggrolls to me. But you can get fancy with all the extras, too. (Oh, I like adding bean sprouts, too!). Then you can add whatever crispy thing you prefer for the crunch. We've done bacon, roasted nuts, pork rinds, Lavash bread crisped up, cheese crisps, any of it!
  • KaysKidz
    Options
    I ended up making a pork stir fry with green onions, water chestnuts, cabbage and a little sauce. It was good and the water chestnuts gave me the crunch I needed.
  • cynlyn2010
    cynlyn2010 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I do the egg rolls in a bowl and add a few peanuts for crunch.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Would blanched collard greens work? They work great as burrito wraps. They hold together much better than lettuce. Maybe for the crunch do both? Blanched collard on the outside, lettuce next, then the guts?