I made it back

Options
justsayinisall
justsayinisall Posts: 162 Member
I made it back from my vacation! Took another week (mom was here another full week after cruise) away from MFP and logging. I took your advice and have not stepped on the scale yet. I think I will go the full week, back on the program, before I get on the scale.

Today is back to the gym and back to logging. I know that I will have to withdraw from sugar. I think eating wasn't so bad...'cept for those desserts *sigh* See the "s" on the end? Um hmmm. Multiple desserts. Multiple times per day lol. Sugar is evil. Once you start eating it, you just want more...and more...

Vacation was so fun! My mom kept up better than I thought she would. She has a hard time walking "far". Turns out that old lady put in about 5 miles a day (fitbit) just running around the ship, shore excursions etc lol. Here are a few pics: The Mayan ruins are in Belize. The monkey was from Honduras. The drink picture and the beach view were from a beach day in Costa Maya Mexico. It was fabulous. Her and I had the beach to ourselves for most of the day! Then I just tossed one in of my mom and I. You can't tell as much, because I'm bending down, but I do not take after my mom physically! Lol She is all of 5' nothing and weighs 105#.
vtwtgwvqcukl.jpg
irw4clm4st88.jpg
fy0r9hk84drm.jpg
ivjdpx301k81.jpg
ahqi94pjud3n.jpg

Replies

• jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Looks amazing! Glad you had a great time!
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    welcome back!! looks like you had an amazing time!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Too funny with that monkey, well, and your reaction.

She looks like she could be huffing it no problem. Did you both get your sea legs really well?
  • ambsnic17
    ambsnic17 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Love the pictures, looks like a TON of fun!
  • justsayinisall
    justsayinisall Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Sea legs were no problem! I was a little worried about her but the seas were calm as could be and the boat felt like it hardly moved. Of course, once we got back to land, we both felt a little swaying in the shower for a day or two lol. I was pleasantly surprised by my mom. She is one tough old lady! Always up for anything and everything.

The monkey's were my favorite part...well that and the beach... and the desserts lol

Royal Caribbean did us a favor by cancelling our 5 day trip. I was happy I tried Norwegian again. Norwegian has really upped their game a bit as far as the food is concerned. The service was excellent most of the time. I was a bit surprised that there were not very many drink servers out by the pools. Royal Caribbean has drink servers EVERYWHERE! Norwegian would have sold us some drinks had anyone came by and asked. Now I need to try Princess, Celebrity, and I even want to try Holland America. My problem is that I'm just too damn thrifty. I want to sail as cheaply as possible! lol Royal Caribbean and Norwegian always fit that bill.