when I binge, I REALLY binge..

Options
alipie420
alipie420 Posts: 39 Member
I can go weeks at a time eating super healthy foods and in much smaller portions when I am constantly trying to win over my own motivation everyday.. but then i can go days in a row (like recently) where I have been eating and eating nonstop and very unhealthy foods. I do not understand how I convinced myself to do that?? I just am not sure how to make it stop when Im not sure why it happend. Just really bummed because i want to lose weight this year.

Replies

• KC907
    KC907 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I do the same thing.. it's like some kind of crazy self-destruction war path. When it happens to me I feel almost out of control.. and then eventually I stop and think "what have I done!?". The only thing I have found to help myself with that is to not deprive myself from yummy food. Say I've been eating healthy all week and now we're having pizza for dinner, or a coworker brings in some desserts. Okay, instead of telling myself I don't deserve it or that I can't have it, I have a controlled portion and then maybe work out a little longer or something to make up for it. The biggest thing is to not make yourself feel bad about it. I have been really working on learning how to not hate myself for it, I messed up-so what, I'll do better next time.
  • Lukdbestucan16
    Lukdbestucan16 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Me too
  • leaj1984
    leaj1984 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Deprivation will do that... Or low carb diets (for me, personally!)
    Can you eat in moderation? A little bit every day...
  • nitallica
    nitallica Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon so to speak last week, and all this week so far I've felt like crap and felt guilty for eating so badly. I'm trying to get back on track. Moderation is a problem for me because I've been stressing this week which doesn't help, so I overeat to compensate. (and then hate myself for it)
    48801 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. I too fall off the wagon. You should see my calories for today. I don;t know what happened. I knew what I was doing but couldn't seem to help myself
  • betrue95
    betrue95 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It's a battle a lot of us face so we hear you. I have the same issues and have good weeks and really bad weeks, especially if stressed. It's so hard to get your mind back on track. I am trying to remember that I am in control of my body - self talk (positive) sometimes helps. For example, yesterday I was out for lunch picking up some items at the dollar store, and I was waiting in line (where they put all the junk to temp us as we wait). I picked up a bag of nibs (my favorite) and it was just a small one, so I justified it that I would just have a few at work. While I waited, I started to picture myself at my desk and knew that I would not be able to stop at a few....so after a few minutes I put them back and picked up a pack of gum. That's the first time I've ever been able to do that. So, don't be hard on yourself. One day at a time. Just focus on getting through today and make a small change.
  • nitallica
    nitallica Posts: 31 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    A friend at work taped a piece of paper to my monitor that said, "It's ok, we all struggle. Keep your chin up!"

I don't know what motivated her to do that, but I really need it! I have another piece that my best friend sent me on Facebook, with a butterfly tied to a stone, titled "Let s--t go!"

Options
    You're not alone.
    edited May 2016
    Options