More fat, less protein

Options
Chelsea_O
Chelsea_O Posts: 45 Member
Hi fellow low-carbers-

I am loving this LCHF diet and my and my hubby are each close to reaching a 10 lb loss. The issue I seem to keep running into is not consuming enough fat. I can't seem to eat enough fat without going way over on my protein intake goal. Will my weight loss be stunted if I eat more protein than I need? Will it be stunted if I don't eat enough fat? What foods do you recommend with substantial fat, but low protein?

TIA :)

Replies

• tahinaperez
    tahinaperez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was having the same exact problem....I don't know the exact science behind it but personally speaking when I was consuming too much protein I kicked my body out of ketosis. A few quick things that helped me was bulletproof tea (most ppl do bulletproof coffee but I'm not a coffee drinker), I made sure to cook in butter or add a pad of butter on top of meat and I saw saw some fat bomb recipes on YouTube that really helped. Hope this was helpful! Congrats to you on your husband!
  • rokal
    rokal Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Make some fat bombs.
  • dcristo213
    dcristo213 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I use heavy cream in my coffee and usually have three cups a day.
  • carine0502
    carine0502 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I seem to have the same problem. I'll try the fat bombs then.
    Has anyone else found a solution?
  • melodiclyrics
    melodiclyrics Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You could always have bulletproof coffee in the morning, which is butter and coconut oil (or MCT oil). It's a good boost in the morning. :) Otherwise, fat bombs are a great supplement, and are a nice little treat.
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    excess protein is not a problem. Go nuts.

More fat is too easy - butter, cream, sour cream, eat the skin, etc.
  • Unice95
    Unice95 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I also believe that my protein intake kicks me out as well. I started, yesterday, to make sure I eat my fat requirement and more. Thanks for the information everyone.
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    excess protein is not a problem

Definitely a problem for 1 major reason: the body can't store protein, so it is converted and stored as fat… please RESEARCH before you trust vague advice. Only heavy lifters/endurance exercise people will need more protein.

Jimmy Moore on his blog says protein kept him stalled…look up "living la viva low carb" also search online there i.e. plenty of techy info on this,

Livestrong.com recommends average/adult: 56 gr for men, 46 gr. for women…MOST
    US Americans eat way too much, and on a LCHF diet overeat protein.

Better to consume the fats mentioned separate from protein, the 2 servings the size of a deck of cards is still valid for LC.