Starting Phen

Options
ajmurray1234
ajmurray1234 Posts: 163 Member
Hello All,

Tomorrow I have my yearly physical and will ask my Dr. about taking Phentermine. Based on my height and weight 5ft 3 inches/172 lbs, I am considered "overweight"

I'm a bit nervous because I don't want my Dr. to deny me this option and I'm really hoping she prescribes it.

What was your consultation like? Was your Dr. hesitant at first? Try to talk you out of it? Or were they accepting of your needs? I just want to know what to expect in tomorrow's appointment.

thanks!

Replies

• tinyavocados
    tinyavocados Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I asked my doctor twice, both times after seeing a nutritionist AND logging every calorie for at least 30 days. I lost about 2 pounds and I was working my butt off, but it wasn't working for me. They still said no to the Phentermine even though my weight was stuck. I ended up going out to a weight loss clinic in my area that offered the medication. It was quite expensive, but I'm willing to pay good money to get rid of this weight! Inwas as nervous as you and I even rehearsed my speech in my head before my doctors visits, but they were not buying it! Haha

Good luck to you though! Your doctor may be a more lenient guy/girl. If not though, there are always other ways to get it.
  • Fit4LifeAR
    Fit4LifeAR Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I go to a weight loss clinic too. The first few doctors here seemed kind of shady (you have to go once a month for a check up, and I saw three docs in three months), and they really didn't care about anything other than making money. The newest doc, he is all about doing it right and holds people accountable. I've seen him even when not taking it, just to help with dieting.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    My doctor was the one who brought it up. I'm very fortunate to have found her--she truly cares about her patients. It's like finding a unicorn, I swear.

Can you tell us how it went?
  • ajmurray1234
    Options
    Hello All,

Tomorrow I have my yearly physical and will ask my Dr. about taking Phentermine. Based on my height and weight 5ft 3 inches/172 lbs, I am considered "overweight"

I'm a bit nervous because I don't want my Dr. to deny me this option and I'm really hoping she prescribes it.

What was your consultation like? Was your Dr. hesitant at first? Try to talk you out of it? Or were they accepting of your needs? I just want to know what to expect in tomorrow's appointment.

thanks!

UPDATE:

So I had my physical and after discussing Phen with my Dr. she said I first had to do some blood work. I did went back a week later and was approved. Can't wait!!
  • MissusMoon
    Options
    Hello All,

thanks!

UPDATE:

So I had my physical and after discussing Phen with my Dr. she said I first had to do some blood work. I did went back a week later and was approved. Can't wait!!

Terrific. Let us know how you do, and we're all here if you have questions.
  • ajmurray1234
    Options
    Took my first pill this morning. Ate two eggs and an orange for breakfast and already feel the effects. I usually "think" I am hungry but now I feel completely satisfied. I was going to take some green tea tables but feeling a little jittery from the phen so I will just refrain. Feeling hopeful. Question... does anyone take Green Tea extract with Phen?
  • MissusMoon
    Options
    Took my first pill this morning. Ate two eggs and an orange for breakfast and already feel the effects. I usually "think" I am hungry but now I feel completely satisfied. I was going to take some green tea tables but feeling a little jittery from the phen so I will just refrain. Feeling hopeful. Question... does anyone take Green Tea extract with Phen?

Green tea is only going to act as an additional appetite suppressant and I really don't need it when I'm on Phen. I don't get too jittery from it so I'm able to drink coffee and what not with it, though, as long as I don't go crazy.

I don't know about others but I found how Phen works changed after the first few days. Originally eating just felt like too much work, it was weird. Food was uninteresting. After that it was just really cutting the portion and feeling good about it. The biggest benefit was the energy to hit the gym, really, and feeling alert before I'd had four cups of coffee.

• asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I fell off the horse badly & gained back just about everything I lost just counting calories & exercising. I realized I needed help & received a scrip for Phen (which I started today) & got a B12 shot yesterday.

I lost my confidence & don't want to go to the gym as I have social anxiety related to how I look. I know Phen is not the cure all & I will still need to exercise, but I am hoping it will help give me a boost. I am going to do home workouts until I lose enough to have confidence to go into the gym again.

Thank you all for letting me join.

Anna <3
  • Boise_Mom
    Boise_Mom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

I lost almost 50 pounds in 2012 doing weight watchers. After a surprise baby, I ended up gaining it all back. Since then I have tried on and off to do the same plan, but I just can't seem to get past the first few days. That is when I went in and got a prescription for phentermine. I have been on it a week, and I have lost 6 pounds. I have made sure that I am keeping up my total calories and nutrients by logging everything into my fitness pal. I am trying to prepare myself for the challenges of coming off a Phen in order to be successful.
  • MissusMoon
    Options
    Boise_Mom wrote: »
    Hello everyone.

I lost almost 50 pounds in 2012 doing weight watchers. After a surprise baby, I ended up gaining it all back. Since then I have tried on and off to do the same plan, but I just can't seem to get past the first few days. That is when I went in and got a prescription for phentermine. I have been on it a week, and I have lost 6 pounds. I have made sure that I am keeping up my total calories and nutrients by logging everything into my fitness pal. I am trying to prepare myself for the challenges of coming off a Phen in order to be successful.

Welcome! Hey, I was born in Boise! If you're logging and getting active you are set up as well as you can be for when the Phen part is over!
  • ajmurray1234
    Options
    asp415 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I fell off the horse badly & gained back just about everything I lost just counting calories & exercising. I realized I needed help & received a scrip for Phen (which I started today) & got a B12 shot yesterday.

I lost my confidence & don't want to go to the gym as I have social anxiety related to how I look. I know Phen is not the cure all & I will still need to exercise, but I am hoping it will help give me a boost. I am going to do home workouts until I lose enough to have confidence to go into the gym again.

Anna <3

Welcome Anna! I started Phen this past Saturday 5/7/2016. I can say my appetite is completely suppressed - no cravings no desire to eat. However make sure you DO eat. This way when you come off the Phen you have a better chance at keeping the weight off. I haven't weighed myself but will this Saturday. Will keep ya'll posted.
  • asp415
    Options
    asp415 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

Anna <3

Welcome Anna! I started Phen this past Saturday 5/7/2016. I can say my appetite is completely suppressed - no cravings no desire to eat. However make sure you DO eat. This way when you come off the Phen you have a better chance at keeping the weight off. I haven't weighed myself but will this Saturday. Will keep ya'll posted.

Thank you so much, I appreciate it.

I am making it a point to eat every two hours and have been following the reccomended foods w/the exception of my coffee creamer. Maybe with time I will give this up, but for now I can't.

Good luck with the weigh in on Saturday, I hope you have some good numbers
  • ajmurray1234
    Options
    3 weeks in y'all and the dry mouth has just started. Good Lord!
  • angie55575
    angie55575 Posts: 90 Member
    Options

I KNOW!!! SO THIRSTY. ALL. THE. TIME! haha ;)
  • MissusMoon
    Options

Biotene mouth rinse will make sleeping much easier with that dry mouth!
  • asp415
    Options

The good thing is that the dry mouth makes you drink so much water :drinker: