Sharing my recipe for high protein bread

Options
Hello :)

I wanted to share my recipe for making high protein bread that's vegan with you all. :) To the best of my knowledge, bread with this high of protein cannot be purchased or regularly found in stores! But it's cheap and easy if you have a breadmaker (I got mine on Craigslist for $10).

The quality of this bread is that it's quite chewy (the fault of the gluten) and the super high gluten content makes it a tiny bit harder to work with (the crust is tougher and chewier but still kinda bendy- so cutting is slightly more difficult) but if you don't care about that - it still tastes great and it's good for you ;)

Yield of this recipe is 300g, it is 280 calories per 100g.

Put this stuff into your bread maker in this order:
140-160g of water
5g of turbinado sugar (or I think you can find vegan cane sugar, but really any sugar will do)
4-5g of salt
105g of wheat gluten
105g of bread flour
5g of yeast
Optional: 3g of lysine supplement to make a more complete protein, does not change taste or texture of bread at all but really helps the nutritional value of it

Select the french bread setting if you have it, if not, choose a white/powdered milk setting.

And voila 4 hours later you have perfect, vegan, high protein bread :)

I LOVE this and the fact that it helps me meet my protein requirements. I make it 1-2 times per week. I eat it with balsamic vinegar, PB, low sugar jelly, I Make sandwiches with it, I just love love love this and it makes it so easy to hit my protein targets for the day. I tend to eat it over 2-3 days.

You can add spices and stuff to it too like Italian, garlic, whatever, you can make breadsticks if you want to just make the dough and add vegan parm to it, I mean really the sky is the limit :)

Replies

• angelstar0204
    angelstar0204 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I've been trying to find some ways to sneak in more protein for my girls (1 year and 3 years old). They love bread so this will be great to try out. :)