Over 40, over 75lb to lose, 365 days committment to logging.

Options
FitToLead
FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
Like so many others, I've yo yo dieted. I dropped~20lb on MFP 3 years in a row.. and each time ... stopped logging and up and up and up.

Now, I want to eat like I love myself. Every day. For a year.

Or for as long as it takes. I'm a health professional in Australia. I will feel a greater sense of integrity (as well as just plain happiness) when I drop about 135lb and can cycle hills again.

I'm starting this thread for those of you who also have big numbers to lose, and a long journey ahead, who want to share the exciting journey to freedom. I'd love to meet you.

Replies

• Roseygirl1
    Roseygirl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi there, FitToLead! I'm 60 years old, I have about 40 lbs. to lose, and I've been a long-distance cyclist until I had a run of medical challenges about 8 years ago. I know exactly what you mean by "eating like you love yourself." I've determined that for me that means eating tasty food with enjoyment, logging it, and paying exquisite attention to the non-food sources of pleasure in my life.

How are you doing?

Roseygirl
  • FitToLead
    Options
    Heh Roseygirl,
    my heart just smiled when I read this. Yes, exquisite attention - to tasty foods, and all sources of pleasure in life.

I've recently started back at the gym, in prep for being back on my bike regularly sometime soon. While it was injury not weight gain that took me off my bike, dropping the first 14 lb has made it easier to be on the bike, and start to build strength around injury sites.

I cycled 300km in New Zealand last year, have another similar trip booked for late this year... Pleased to be on my way.
  • okungbowa
    okungbowa Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi I have at least 80 lbs to loose. I walk with my granddaughter in the park, I love it, I pray not to stop. I am down 12 lbs. I am just focusing on 2 lbs a week.
  • WIGirl1970
    WIGirl1970 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    45 here with a goal of fit by 50. I've got LOTS to lose...216 to be exact, to get to what others might still consider overweight. Slow and steady is my tune this time around. It feels different this time. I pray it sticks... And I continue to do it to be healthy, not win a contest or hit a number.

Pleased to meet you all. Looking forward to healthier days ahead for all of us!!

Kris

SW 412
    CW 391
    Goal 174

#slowandsteady
    #notgivingup
  • FitToLead
    Options
    I've never felt so like I was among kindred souls as reading this thread. So good to meet you all.
    I just got back form interstate, and am pleased to say, I did not have to ask for, or be offered, an extender for my seat belt- woh - thank goodness for the 16lb dropped so far.