keto and feeling fatigue

Options
kennygang
kennygang Posts: 93 Member
I have been doing this woe for a few weeks now and I believe I am in ketosis I am losing weight slowly and inches my hunger has definitely diminished and I do feel better for most part but I still episodes of being so tired. I know bursts of energy are expected but I have not felt that as of yet. I was wondering if lack of sodium can be triggering this fatigue? Any body else feel this way? just curious cuz sometimes when I am sleep and would usually grab coffee I make chicken broth and it helps a little.

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    absolutely lack of sodium is the number one cause of this fatigue. try drinking some salt water, broth, or eating a pickle. you should start feeling better within about 20 minutes if its sodium that's needed. I went through that a ton and had lots of issues with keeping my sodium up which is why increased my carbs some. though I still have issues with it from time to time.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Yes, lack of sodium can be the problem. Or potassium. If you drink a ton of water, you might also be further depleting your electrolytes.
  • kennygang
    kennygang Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That's what I was thinking too... I drink a ton of water and therefore pee a lot so I was wondering if I was depleting my sodium. I usually eat avocado daily for the potassium Thanks so much
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Sodium, potassium, and magnesium become depleted pretty quickly with ketosis! Read the electrolyte thread in the Launch Pad. You aren't alone! Hope you feel better! :smiley: