GTKY: Fitness goals?

juliayadda
juliayadda Posts: 33 Member
It seems like we have a great group here, so I would love to get to know y'all better!

Do you have any fitness goals that you are working towards?

I have 3 main goals:

1. To do wheel pose in yoga.
2. to do a real plank push up
3. do a cartwheel

It has been so long since I have done any of these things! I used to do them like breathing when I was a kid, and I would have never imagined a world where I was unable to do them. 15 years later I want that level of fitness back!

Replies

• Brittles927
    Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
    Awesome goals, and great post! :)

My three main fitness goals:

1. Run a 5K without stopping
    2. Do 10 pull-ups
    3. 10 second hand stand

I'm working on number 1 right now, I just finished week 2 day 2 of the c25K app last night. I can't imagine how great I will feel when I can run a full 30 minutes and not stop. And the level of fitness to do #2 and #3, sounds so far away but things I'd love to be able to do!
  • juliayadda
    juliayadda Posts: 33 Member
    britnaii22 wrote: »
    Awesome goals, and great post! :)

My three main fitness goals:

1. Run a 5K without stopping
    2. Do 10 pull-ups
    3. 10 second hand stand

I'm working on number 1 right now, I just finished week 2 day 2 of the c25K app last night. I can't imagine how great I will feel when I can run a full 30 minutes and not stop. And the level of fitness to do #2 and #3, sounds so far away but things I'd love to be able to do!

I also have a running goal but I have grounded myself running until I get down to 220 for the sake of my hip flexors
  • History1027
    History1027 Posts: 68 Member
    My 3 current goals:

1. Cut down on sugar & salt (April's goal from my trainer)
    2. Train to do a 5K in June
    3. Start to cut down on carbs (May's goal from my trainer)
  • MrsHull840
    MrsHull840 Posts: 100 Member
    My fitness goals are:
    1. Complete C25K. I've started many times. This time, I want to do the full program. I'm on week1 day2 right now, as I had to work up to even jogging.
    2. Complete the Glow Run 5k on August 5. It might be hot and I might be crazy, lol.
    3. Start lifting weights again. I don't belong to a gym, so this is something I need to figure out how to do from home with hand weights.

@britnaii22 how cool, you're just about a week ahead of me in c25k! Following in your footsteps, here.
  • Brittles927
    @juliayadda - I started the app a little above 220 I think around 223? I've lost 6lbs since then, and definitely am having an easier time endurance-wise. Not sure if that's because I've been doing the app awhile or because it's less weight? But anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing you progress to using the app! :)

@History1027 - Those are great goals, I think you can definitely do them! I've found that cutting down on sugar, almost goes hand in hand with going low on carbs, so you'll basically be doing goal 1 and 3 without realizing it :)

@MrsHull840 I've also started many times too, this is the farthest I've made it lol but I'm finding success now where I've set specific days for the app, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Mondays. :)

The glow run sounds awesome - not really the hot part, but it sounds fun!
  • JuliaDiscoFit
    JuliaDiscoFit Posts: 20 Member
    I want to join C25K again (I got to 15minutes comfortably last time) but I can't for a few days because I just got my wisdom teeth taken out. Motivated but not capable right now :(
  • Brittles927
    @JuliaDiscoFit - Hope you heal quickly, wisdom teeth suck! It will be great to have you do it with us :) 15 minutes sounds so hard lol! I'm scared about going to 2 minutes of running!
  • jlburns2005
    jlburns2005 Posts: 331 Member
    My 3 goals
    1. Work on keeping my flexibility. I was just diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis and I would like to keep my back from fusing.
    2. Walk at least 15 miles a week with my dog.
    3. Finish piyo. I'm only on week 2;)
  • JuliaDiscoFit
    JuliaDiscoFit Posts: 20 Member
    When I did it the first time I couldn't even run for a minute straight. You have to be really strict with sticking to the program as hard as it can get (the first time I did 8 minutes I about died). Knowing you can do 10 minutes with no trouble is awesome - even if compared to a lot of fitter people that's nothing.
  • joannemonette1
    joannemonette1 Posts: 99 Member
    My fitness goals:

Get my old physique back (hit my target goal weight, tone up and maintain)
    Get my health issues under control (cholesterol, pre-osteoporosis, and colon) (eat more fiber, less sodium, stick with organics)

For most of my life I was very fit and extremely active. When I hit my 40's, my metabolism changed and stopped maintaining. I kind of just accepted it all as growing "older". Now I've hit my 50's and I'm done with feeling old. My age is just a number - and I realize that how I feel was just a choice. I miss being active - and being able to try on outfits to glow with pride. I need to feel and see my younger self shining through again.

*smiles*
  • Brittles927
    Has anyone reached a fitness goal yet? So excited to see everyone's progress! :)
  • History1027
    History1027 Posts: 68 Member
    I have made progress on all three if my goals
    1. Cut down on sugar & salt - still higher then I want but the numbers are going down.
    2. Train to do a 5K in June - started jogging outside now.
    3. Start to cut down on carbs - went low carb all last week. It was hard but I made it.
  • Brittles927
    That's really great! Keep up the good work! :)
  • bondgirl50
    bondgirl50 Posts: 42 Member
    I work out 4 days a week sometimes 5 ...3 days with a trainer and he has said that I am much stronger now that 4 weeks ago
  • Brittles927
    That's some serious dedication! Keep pushing!