Keto post workout

Options
What is a good keto-friendly post workout meal/snack?

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    A lot of times I plan my workout to be shortly before dinner so I just eat my normal meal post workout.

Other times I have had a low carb whey protein mixed with ice and coffee.

If I'm not hungry I just have water with electrolytes mixed in.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Bacon!

I usually work out in the morning before work, grab a coffee, and eat when I get to the office. Usually a few slices of bacon and some hard boiled eggs.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Anything high in protein would be good. Almonds are my go-to.
  • GeorgeCPeterson
    GeorgeCPeterson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well, I workout between breakfast and my morning snack, so I like the hard boiled eggs idea since that's usually my morning snack. The almonds are a nice touch. I just become concerned with the carbs in most post workout drinks.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    beef jerky is my go to
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    @GeorgeCPeterson post workout drinks like protein shakes? There are low carb protein powders available and if you mix it with water, then the carbs are only in the protein powder.

Also, I have seen in some people's diaries something called Premier Protein which is an already mixed drink that has only a few grams of carbs in it. I haven't tried it myself though.

Or are you talking about drinks like Gatorade? I believe there are sugar free versions but I don't know how many carbs per serving there are, and it is usually multiple servings in a bottle. If you aren't against artificial sweeteners, Mio carries an electrolyte line that you can squirt into your bottle of water post-workout.
  • GeorgeCPeterson
    GeorgeCPeterson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was referring to protein shakes, actually. I used to drink protein after workouts back in the day, but at the time carbs weren't really on my radar.
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I like Premier Protein (premixed) Vanilla drink. I also like Isopure Zero Carb Creamy Vanilla, which is a protein powder.