Gym... wish me luck!

Options
2»

Replies

• KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    bowlerae wrote: »
    Congrats on your enrollment! That's the biggest step, and then actually going. Just realize that it is going to take some time to get into shape. If you are going to do cardio for example, start with just walking or lightly cycling. Push yourself harder to see what your limits are but don't feel bad if it's not much more than minimal effort. After a few weeks, increase the difficulty (speed, resistance/include, duration, etc). Just remember to keep pushing yourself to the point where you know you coullllllld keep going without it absolutely killing you but you just don't really want to. Push yourself past that point and keep going for just a little bit longer. Over time, that point will be higher and higher and you'll realize you are no longer walking but jogging, no longer jogging but running, etc. Also try not to pay attention to other people in the gym unless you are like me and you turn it into a competition in your mind! lol

LOL, believe me, that is pretty obvious. The advantage of it being a small neighborhood gym is that most people training are "normal". At the time I go (early morning) it's either kids or seniors, plus a couple that by their look probably stay there all day. But they're all nice and I don't feel out of place. Even if today for one of the exercises I had to use the pink girlie weights because I haven't used my arms muscles since ever. My competition is with myself, everyone else is years ahead anyway.

::flowerforyou::
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've got a great attitude!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Hope all is still going well, and you're feeling some progress!! :blush:
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Hope all is still going well, and you're feeling some progress!! :blush:

@Karlottap Yes! Thank you so much for checking! I'm amazed and all that know me are amazed too but I do look forward to my morning gym time. Miracles do happen!

::flowerforyou::
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    <3
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @KetoGirl83! Keep up the good work!