Who are you doing this for??

Options
AlwaysTrue2U
AlwaysTrue2U Posts: 20 Member
Who are you doing this healthy lifestyle change for? Remember it needs to be for you! Not for what is perceived to be the perfect weight by the world family or friends! Yes we need to be healthy for our families so we can live a long life with our loved ones, but in the end to be successful this needs to be for you!
"If you don't love yourself before,
You won't love yourself after,
It's your body, adore it at any weight"
Life to short to live up to others people body images, live up to your own, be beautiful at the weight that's for you and only you!

Replies

• sam06ana
    sam06ana Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Me! My husband likes bigger women, so I kinda let myself go. My whole body hurtss from the extra weight, and I can't stand the way I look. So, it's all me baby! Time for this momma to be selfish.
  • AlwaysTrue2U
    AlwaysTrue2U Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That's awesome to hear you say! Your husband will love you know me matter what size, and healthier means a long life with your kids! Happy for you to be putting yourself first!
  • stesig13
    stesig13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I always and still feel beautiful in my daughters and my husbands eyes. Its not really about appearance for me. Its about lightness of walking and getting up from the floor and being fast to catch my grandbabies.Its about me feeling lighter, so its for me me me!!!
  • kriskrossness
    kriskrossness Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it for me mostly, but I'm also doing it to be a better role model for my kids. Also because I'd like to be able to do more things that my health and weight sometimes prevents.
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Since childhood i am not a fatty but last fiften years i have not taken a proper care of myself, i thought to change my life to more healthy and intresting so i started with weight loss. If i reach this goal it will give me a great inspiration and boost to change things in my life.
  • fwitsend1277
    fwitsend1277 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I've decided that I need to be a better role model for the kids.
  • RunningNeeNee69
    RunningNeeNee69 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Me...
  • TooShortForThisWeight
    Options
    Everyone will say themselves, which is my case, but right up there is my daughter. She is already shaped like me and already starting back eating habits and laziness. I do not want her to have yo-yo diets all hr life
  • mitsimr
    mitsimr Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    For me it's my health. I am 32 and have stroke level high blood pressure. It isn't nothing for my diastolic to be 120. My aunt died of a stroke when she was my age so that has really been on my mind a lot these past few months. I finally decided instead of letting it bother me I was going to do something about it.
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    It used to be all about wanting to fit in, be attractive, and feel confident. So it was more for other people and what they thought about me when I was younger.
    Now i'm in my 30's I guess priorities change.. Health is a big factor (even though I smoke at the moment) I already have diabetes, heart disease and stroke run close in my family, and I know I must lose the weight to help combat this.. plus my poor knees are so bad, and I ache from head to toe most days.
    Lastly.. I just want to be able to get up in the morning and throw on any old clothes and not feel like a frump.. I guess that's the only part that's for me physically. I don't care who finds me attractive anymore.
  • FitMeBetter
    FitMeBetter Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I really am doing this for ME this time. Although I know that my husband and kids will be proud of my weightloss, I know that the pride I'll feel will be even greater. I want to be strong and fit. Not seeking perfection (because I'll never find it), but I want to treat my body like it deserves to be treated. Enough of the abuse.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    For me and my health. I lived near Yosemite for 2 years around 1995, during that time I had a yearly pass so I hiked there all the time on my days off. One day a old man and his grandson came down off one of the steepest trails and he was in great shape. I said to myself I want to be that guy!
  • SimplySmylin
    SimplySmylin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am definitely doing this for me. I need to feel good about myself and get my self esteem back.
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    For me!!! Also for my husband and kids in that I will be healthier and arouns for them for a long time.....and to prove my ex-husband wrong in that he used to moo at me....even those his years of abuse and my emotional eating and stress eating got me where I am. So a variety of reasons but most importantly me!
  • valerieblaydes
    valerieblaydes Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I love those of you who are setting an example for your kids...when I was 10 my mom (who had a degree in nutrition) gave me her textbook and taught me how to count calories. It was way too soon, and was the beginning of 8 years of disordered eating that only ended when I moved away to college. All my life I got used to knowing I would get attention and affection from my mother when I lost weight and the opposite when I gained. To make matters worse, I never saw her exercise at all--she just ate like a bird.

I gave up crash diets and starvation and unhealthy weight loss techniques when I was 18--partly because I moved to NYC for college and I was suddenly walking 10 miles a day--but I think I have always subconsciously hoped for the approval of others when I lost weight. It feels like even though I say I'm doing it for ME, that what I like is the way others look at me and notice me when I'm thinner.

I have dated only people who found me attractive the way I was, and no one since my mother has made me feel that I needed to lose weight for them. Heck, my boyfriend told me this Sunday that the sexiest thing about Daenerys (game of thrones) is her thick arms. I have a man who thinks fat upper arms are sexy. I definitely want to be thinner for ME, but it's so hard to separate what's real from what I grew up hearing.

All that to say that my relationship with my mother colored my relationship with my body and how I see myself. I am constantly trying to replace negative self-talk with positive. It's so important to teach your daughters to play, run, exercise, and eat to nourish their bodies, not to deprive them. They will all be much healthier than we are because of it!
  • karenenriquez1225
    karenenriquez1225 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    To feel better, to have energy, and to curb the mood swings(that too much junk food causes). My whole family will enjoy the benefits of my being healthier.
  • jaxbella14
    jaxbella14 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    For me - to be healthier, have more energy and just to feel better all around. I don't want to feel so sluggish anymore. When I weighed less I felt so much better and I was eating healthier and exericising on a consistent basis. I want to get back to that again! I need to get back to that MINDFRAME again.
  • hoovhome
    hoovhome Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    For me - All my ups and downs with weight have been negative reactions to the issues of other people. What I finally came to realize is that I deserve to be healthy and full of energy to live the life I deserve - having fun with family and enjoying life both in and outdoors. The healthier I am, the better I can be at all I do. Others don't get a say in how I should exercise, eat, or live. That is between me and my Maker.