Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Salad Dressing

VivianRosser
VivianRosser Posts: 32 Member
I live in the UK can anyone recommend a shop bought low carb salad dressing please. Thanks

Replies

• megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Lately I've been using 2 TSP of homemade ghee drizzled over my salads then a few grinder turns of Himalayan pink salt. I also sprinkle a little tumeric and black pepper on it.

Before using ghee though I used a tbs mct oil or a homemade Dijon mustard recipe I found on YouTube. Sorry don't know the name of the Dijon mustard dressing.
  • becwana
    becwana Posts: 157 Member
    I either just use olive oil and balsamic or
    In a blender I whizz up blue cheese and full fat Mayo till I get a blue cheese dressing
    You can buy sugar free ones online - think Amazon have some or sugarfreesuperstore.co.uk p
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited April 2016
    I've been enjoying hot bacon dressing over spinach with boiled eggs and chopped bacon. 2-3 Tb of hot bacon fat, 2-3 Tb of red wine vinegar, about 3 drops of liquid stevia and about 1/2 tsp of dijon mustard. New to LC/HF but it seems to fit.

ETA: oops sorry. Just now noticed you asked for shop bought products.
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    New mans has a good olive oil/vinegar that I love

And kens blue cheese -low carb high fat

And find a good buttermilk ranch. I use the one from Aldi but just check the back

Avoid anything that says low fat or fat free
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    If the UK has "Ken's" brand, as suggested above, the creamy Caesar is great, too.
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    If you have Brianna's, their Real French Vinaigrette is zero carb.
  • becwana
    becwana Posts: 157 Member
    I've never seen Kens or Briannas here but we do have newmans!
  • justawesome21
    justawesome21 Posts: 8 Member
    I've got french's ranch - 3.2 carbs per 100g but tasty
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    It's super tough to find low fat dressing here. I was so used to an entire aisle of dressings in America, there's practically no choices here other than low fat and high sugar options.

ASDA's creamy French Dressing is the only store bought dressing I use. One tbsp is only .6 carbs, so not even 1 carb.

I'll often just buy a tub of creme fraiche, you can make lots of different creamy dressings with it by combining with other pantry staples - vinegar, citrus juice, mustard, chopped herbs, salsa.