I have just found this group, hello, everyone!

Options
AliceA2013
AliceA2013 Posts: 65 Member
'So glad we are all here. I am in my 50's and have had rheumatoid arthitis for a few years. Is anyone interested in the benefits of graduated weight lifting for arthritis / chronic pain & fatigue? Because of fatigue, I split my sessions into four weekly ones of 10 minutes each with a preceding 10-minute dynamic stretching routine. I would love to hear of your experiences of exercise and how you work around bouts of pain and fatigue.

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to find an exercise that doesn't make me hurt, but haven't found one yet! I've managed to get myself within ten pounds of my goal weight without it!

Welcome! :)
  • e9196tep
    e9196tep Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have RA. Still trying to quell the inflammation. I'd like to know how you do on your plan. I clean and cook but by the time I'm done I'm wiped out. I was walking for a while but my ankles and feet feel like they're being torn apart. On a good note I've lost a total of 40 pounds over 2 years in spite of everything. Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing a fellow RA're overcome. Karlotta has done an outstanding job. She's a winner in my book!
    ❤️
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Thank you @e9196tep !! Being able to decrease meds from long, and short, acting Dilaudid every day, to Tramadol 2-4 times a week has been awesome too!