Weight loss wardrobes

Options
123457»

Replies

• E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I haven't started the book yet, but I used to be careful to make sure the seam of the shirt hit my shoulder instead of hanging over the shoulder. And I found sweaters hit at my hip, not my waist - bc I am tall - looked better. I was real careful to make sure skirts and pants didn't cup my rear. I never wore jeans. Now I practically live in them. I've been trying to avoid dry cleaning bills - hence the jeans.

But there have been quite a few times where my dressy casual attire helped in business - you never know who you will run into. Last week, I showed up to a business meeting in jeans bc I knew the person well; however I did not know the owner of the company had sent his daughter to job shadow. This could have been an opportunity to make an inroad. Oh well! In time I'll figure it out.

Can't sleep, maybe now would be a good time to look at the book. Lol.
  • E_Brault
    Options
    Lot's of changes lately, I am becoming a good customer at the shoe repair place. I have a favorite belt (nothing fancy) it an understatement and I love it. First I need him to punch a couple of holes in it and finally when I got down to the second hole - the buckle no longer rested center and there was too much leather at the other end. Then I gave him a pair of Clarks sandals that I bought online for a steal of a deal at the end of last summer. The strap was too wide, he managed to shorten it and they feel sooo comfy.

I'm not much of a sandal person, but darn it gets hot here in California. I think I am going to enjoy my radical (for me) adjustment.

I would love to hear how the rest of you are doing with your wardrobes.
  • E_Brault
    Options
    Perfect shopping season for cargo shorts ! Congratulations.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    @UncleMac - Glad you pulled them and they did not fall of their own free will! Nice NSV!
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,969 Member
    Options
    @UncleMac - Glad you pulled them and they did not fall of their own free will! Nice NSV!
    @Montepulciano, hopefully a day will come when that pair of shorts will fall... but I'm not there yet.
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    @UncleMac Just be sure you are not in Wal-Mart when it happens!
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,969 Member
    Options
    chamblisk wrote: »
    @UncleMac Just be sure you are not in Wal-Mart when it happens!
    Yup... although that might make me fit right in with the Walmartians...
  • beverlyjlarson
    beverlyjlarson Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    As I gained weight and had to buy larger clothes, I started looking like a homeless man - buying shirts too large to hide the rolls of fat, and pants with stretch waist bands, all from Goodwill. Once I started losing, I started shopping in my closet and every time something that used to fit me was fitting me again, I rejoiced! Now I've gotten lackadaisical, and need to get back on track.

I was closet shopping as well until I completely sabotaged my diet. I gained so much I had no choice but to go shopping at an actual store. I found that Giant Tiger has quite nice plus sizes that are affordable. Even though I hate that I've gained back all my weight and then some,I feel better with my new wardrobe. It has given me renewed hope. I'm back once again and looking forward to more closet shopping.
  • beverlyjlarson
    beverlyjlarson Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    MSDave wrote: »
    Is anyone else out there afraid to get rid of clothes that are too big. I just can't force myself to give them away even though I hope I never wear them again.

I used to get rid of mine. I have gained and lost weight so many times now that I have trunks of "just in case" clothes.