Request for General Advice and Consulting On Any Topic

bruhaha007
bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
Use this thread to request assistance on any topic

Replies

• judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    We need more help in comments on exercise and dairy food intake. I like to have wine every night by the pool good or bad? I'm doing 3 miles walking and 30 min exercise bike I eat 1480 calories a day. without my wine what do you think about losing weight with this?
  • nomoyoyoing
    nomoyoyoing Posts: 159 Member
    judychicken- I'm no dietician, but if you're counting your wine calories in your total and it fits within your calorie allotment, then by all means, enjoy your wine by the pool!
  • bradygin
    bradygin Posts: 22 Member
    Hi @judychicken I personally think wine is always fine haha! But I definitely think you should log the wine to insure you maintain a calorie deficit. I believe there is around 140 cals in a 6oz pour. I also enjoy wine, but I'm not able to include it in my daily calorie goal, because I need to be eating those calories, rather than drinking or I feel irritable and hungry, but I guess wine would help that! Hahaha! Also remember that since alcohol has seven calories per gram, while carbs have four. So a lower-alcohol wine has fewer calories than higher-alcohol wines. :)
  • bruhaha007
    When I am really trying to lose fat I try to limit my wine and beer and intake and instead switch to vodka, soda, and lime. However, I really like dry red wines so I will drink one or two glasses on the weekend or on special occasions. Generally I try to avoid alcohol on the weekdays and treat myself on the weekends. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer on this topic but beer/wine do add 140-160 calories per drink which is mostly carbs and sugars. Another option would be to simply monitor your weight loss/inches shed and if you hit a plateau consider reducing your consumption, as long as you are losing weight why deny yourself?
  • SouleGirl802
    SouleGirl802 Posts: 18 Member
    bruhaha007 wrote: »
    When I am really trying to lose fat I try to limit my wine and beer and intake and instead switch to vodka, soda, and lime. However, I really like dry red wines so I will drink one or two glasses on the weekend or on special occasions. Generally I try to avoid alcohol on the weekdays and treat myself on the weekends. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer on this topic but beer/wine do add 140-160 calories per drink which is mostly carbs and sugars. Another option would be to simply monitor your weight loss/inches shed and if you hit a plateau consider reducing your consumption, as long as you are losing weight why deny yourself?

Agreed-why limit yourself. Let the scale guide you. I find "rules" end up getting broken-which can lead to a downward spiral and finally giving up. I think even if it means a little extra walking-having that wine to look forward to can make the journey a rewarding one.
  • Sixlees
    Sixlees Posts: 119 Member
    Interesting article.
  • w8ingforthesun
    w8ingforthesun Posts: 20 Member

Loving the stuff you post about fasting. I think it's a great tool to incorporate with weight-loss and staying on track with your goals!
    Thanks for your motivation and tips(:
  • bruhaha007

Loving the stuff you post about fasting. I think it's a great tool to incorporate with weight-loss and staying on track with your goals!
    Thanks for your motivation and tips(:

Glad you are finding it helpful :) Helps to motivate me to keep posting things I find of interest and ultimately different things work for different people. There are various tools within the toolbox of getting healthier and I like trying different things. Appreciate the feedback! Ty!
  • Sixlees
    So I am wondering if I should change my calories goal. I have been at 1200 calories. I have not really had any problem keeping to that, I do log everything even the treats. I know I could make healthier food choices. The last 3 weeks I have added some strength training in on 3 days a week. I have only lost 2 1/2 pounds and a couple inches over that time. I was reading that extended times of low calorie slows your metabolism. So do I up my calories a bit, like to 1300 and make them healthier or keep the same and make them healthier. I feel that if I keep the same I may have to give up all treats which is part of why I never continued towards my goals previously. Advice anyone?
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    The first time I lost weight (44 pounds and was at my ideal weight), I did hit a major plateau and when I upped my calories it started coming off again. It might be good to calorie cycle a bit too, maybe stick to 1200 every other day, but go up to 1400 on the other days. I would play around with it a bit and see what works. I would give yourself a few days of higher calorie eating first, in case your body is clinging to fat because of low calories.
  • Dana_E
    Dana_E Posts: 158 Member
    How close to goal are you? I'd say give it a try, and if, after 2-4 weeks, it doesn't work, you could always switch back. The lack of weight loss could be due to muscles retaining water for repairs since you just added in weight training. A couple of inches lost in 3 weeks sounds like really good progress. Keep up the hard work. Whatever you're doing is working, even if it is a little slower.
  • Sixlees
    I am still a long way from my goal... at least another 45 pounds or so to go.. I know that almost 3 pounds in 3 weeks is still progress so maybe I am ok... we shall see
  • bruhaha007
    1200 is definitely considered a low caloric diet. I am not sure how many grams of carbs compared to protein and fat is making up the 1200 calories but you could try staying at 1200 but increasing your protein while decreasing your carbs if you have plateaued. That is essentially what I am doing by cycling my carb intake this challenge.
  • Sixlees
    I just went back in to my settings and changed to losing 1 pound per week. It changed my target calories to 1,440. I am not eating back my exercise calories either, so was truly eating 1200 calories almost everyday but had at least 200 in exercise calories that could have been eaten also. I will see what the increased calorie count does to see if it will get the weight loss going again.