What week are we in?

Dana_E
Dana_E Posts: 158 Member
I'm sure you guys are all still working hard toward your goals. They don't make these groups easy to find, though. I hope you're enjoying spring and you're not among the unfortunates enduring late April snow storms. Anyone want to share updates on their progress?

Replies

• Dana_E
    Week 9, it looks like, so we're a little more than halfway through.
  • Sixlees
    Sixlees Posts: 119 Member
    So I am down 14 pounds from the start of the challenge, 20 pounds from the beginning of my personal challenge (about 2 weeks before the start of this one) and 32 pounds from my heaviest weight just a year or two ago. Recently I feel like I am losing more inches than pounds, which I guess is OK as I am definitely more fit than I ever have been - meaning more muscle which I understand weighs more. I definitely know that I have more self confidence. I doesn't hurt that people are starting to notice... these past few days went to a quarterly conference meeting and saw people I have not seen for 6 months (I missed the last meeting to be home with my new grandson) - I got asked by a couple different people if I have lost weight. I also was asked just this morning by one of our coaches if I have been doing "something different" - guys are hesitant to ask if you have lost weight just in case you have not. I know that I can see it, as can my husband and family, but it helps to know that others can see it now also. Thinking I may take measurements again this weekend just to check it out. I actually enjoy the treadmill now and the days that I do not get on it I miss it. I find myself purposefully moving more - while waiting for something to cook I am stretching or doing pushups on the kitchen counter while previously I would be just camped on the couch.
    I am in Colorado and definitely getting the spring snow - had 11 inches of snow a week ago Saturday - can't wait for the weather to improve and start walking more outside as well as the treadmill.
    Hope everyone is also feeling better about themselves through this challenge!
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    I've only lost a 2-3 pounds but am down as much as 3 inches in certain places. I was pretty discouraged until I pulled out the measuring tape so yay for that. Eating within my calorie range is becoming easier. I need to focus on improving the quality of the food that I'm eating. I manage to include a lot of treats but should probably be spending my calories on more nutritious choices more often. Thanks for posting this, there hasn't been much activity here lately. I posted in another thread several days ago and there weren't any responses. I wonder how many of us are still participating.
  • Sixlees
    Sixlees Posts: 119 Member
    So I did my measurements, actually have gained some inches in my legs, I am ok with that as I know it has got to be muscle with all the walking and weights I have been doing. I have little bits of losses over all, with the biggest losses (about 1 1/2 inches) up top and only about 1/2 inch in the waist. Total I have lost 2 inches in the last 3 weeks taking into account the inches gained in the thighs and calves. I still feel ok about it, not as enthused as I did. Going to the cabin for the weekend and take a diet break for a few days. Still going to get in some exercise, just different forms as I won't have the t treadmill. Hoping we don't get the snow that is projected so we can take a hike outside
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    I'm still here, been thinking it's a bit quiet though.

Reached a non weighing goal today. Tried on a pair of jeans I used to love, but haven't fit them for a few years. At the start of the year I couldn't even get them up my legs, a few weeks ago I could pull them up but nowhere near getting them done up. Well this morning thought I'd try again and I did them up... so happy and quite surprised. Still need to slim down for them to be truly comfortable but that can be my next goal. Feeling very pleased with my progress.
  • Dana_E
    Sounds like you ladies are making great progress! Keep it up! You're doing great!!!