Stress and anxiety

Options
dwatson925
dwatson925 Posts: 143 Member
That's the things that make me overeat. I guess boredom does as well. Have to learn to deal with the emotions.

Replies

• nitallica
    nitallica Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Those are binge triggers for me as well as depression. There are several threads here suggesting ways to help deal with them. I'm trying to make a habit of meditating every day, especially bad days, to keep from looking to food for comfort.
  • JazCopycat
    JazCopycat Posts: 28 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Well, I am the one of those who are unhappy or how to put it...deeply unhappy when I am in a 0 speed. Whenever I am in any bored state I tend to do bad things. So since I like rush/not stress I tend to force myself in beeing busy. I work 8h. Study, attend the course...That way I don't have time to be nasty ;)
  • ljmus1
    ljmus1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am the same too. I'm thinking about trying yoga to keep stress levels down in the first place. Learning to deal without the usual food crutch is hard work
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Yoga meditation works for me removing stress and choosing peace.
    48801 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Same this way. I'm the queen of anxiety. My depression is under control, but anxiety has been rearing its ugly head lately. I've been binging a lot (been exercising as well), surprisingly only gained 2 pounds.

I would love to try yoga, but I fear I am too large.
  • dwatson925
    dwatson925 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    JazCopycat wrote: »
    Well, I am the one of those who are unhappy or how to put it...deeply unhappy when I am in a 0 speed. Whenever I am in any bored state I tend to do bad things. So since I like rush/not stress I tend to force myself in beeing busy. I work 8h. Study, attend the course...That way I don't have time to be nasty ;)

I am the same way. Need to be busy or I get into trouble.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    I've had a sort of low level anxiety for a few days. It led to unconscious eating, no binges but I felt afraid that might be what it was leading up to. For me no amount of activity or excersize really quenches the anxiety. I talked some of my current anxieties over with a friend today, got honest, which has helped. Oddly a lot of it was worry about things I honestly can't do anything about. I could let go of that anxiousness feeling after that. Wishing everyone Peace
  • Gamliela
    Options
    48801 wrote: »
    Same this way. I'm the queen of anxiety. My depression is under control, but anxiety has been rearing its ugly head lately. I've been binging a lot (been exercising as well), surprisingly only gained 2 pounds.

You're never too large for yoga. Sitting in a chair and meditating can lead to bliss! Go for it. :)

• goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    48801 wrote: »

Try journaling and Pilates. Online videos.
  • Soy_K
    Soy_K Posts: 246 Member
    Options

just FYI - this woman Jessamyn Stanley is a larger sized person and an awesome yoga instructor. you can google "size doesn't matter yoga challenge" and see a bunch of her youtube videos. she is stellar and inspirational.
    48801 Posts: 41 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Soy_K wrote: »

just FYI - this woman Jessamyn Stanley is a larger sized person and an awesome yoga instructor. you can google "size doesn't matter yoga challenge" and see a bunch of her youtube videos. she is stellar and inspirational.

Oh my word! Thank you so much for this! This is great!