Below 300lbs

Sylvarose
Sylvarose Posts: 70 Member
So..had my surgery (lapband) at the end of March. I lost a good chunk of weight pre-surgery in a combination of meeting the doc's pre-surgery goals and the pre-surgery liver reduction diet. After surgery I still have continued to lose and before I realized it I snuck below the 300lbs mark.

I'm a little in shock. I didn't expect to reach this goal so soon. Don't get me wrong. I'm happy. I'm grateful. I'm motivated! :) Just...wow! I'm no longer a 300lb marshmallow! New goal. To get to 250lbs!

SR

Replies

• barbara3213
    barbara3213 Posts: 98 Member
    Congrats!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Way to go!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    The milestones are a huge deal and definitely something to be happy about and to be proud of! Well done :-)
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Celebrate!
  • Sylvarose
    I think to night I'm going to attempt do the strength circuit at Planet Fitness. I'm only allowed to do 5lbs but..hey..I really want to start incorporating the weights. Been back at the treadmill and that's been going well.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    I would suggest not pushing it in going to the weights. I was also fine on the cardio machines, but the stitches in your abs need to be mostly healed before you strain them too much. Someone here had a pulled stitch and it set her back a while. I waited until 8 weeks before dipping a toe back into weights. I waited until I didn't have those random abdominal 'ouchies' from a weird twist or movement.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Awesome!! Congratulations. Your next goal will be reached in no time.
  • lorisisler
    lorisisler Posts: 67 Member
    edited May 2016
    Congratulations!! I know that feeling I finally mad it below 300 at 288 now. So exciting, I started 3\3\16 at 317! Pre-surgery. My sleeve is scheduled for 9-26-16
  • Sylvarose
    rpyle111 wrote: »
    I would suggest not pushing it in going to the weights. I was also fine on the cardio machines, but the stitches in your abs need to be mostly healed before you strain them too much. Someone here had a pulled stitch and it set her back a while. I waited until 8 weeks before dipping a toe back into weights. I waited until I didn't have those random abdominal 'ouchies' from a weird twist or movement.

I did listen to the doc and the weights went well. Only did 5lbs on each machine on the circuit. Will do the circuit again on Wednesday. It felt soooo good to give my muscles a chance to work. Plus made me my step goals. Can't believe the energy level I have now!

I made sure to pay attention for "abdominal 'ouchies'" (great phrase!). All was good.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Congratulations!!
  • SmokeRising
    SmokeRising Posts: 34 Member
    That is wonderful! It is always a great feeling when you can lose one of the notches on the scales at the doctor office!
  • gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    Now celebrate those NSV's as well as the scale ones!! (Non-scale victories)