Peanut butter or almond butter?

mandygtrrz
mandygtrrz Posts: 6 Member
Which are the best brands to get for these two?

Replies

• Byantha
    Byantha Posts: 27 Member
    Almond butter I get at the health food store. Peanut butter I do NOT use Kraft--too much sugar. Buy the all natural.
  • klankton76
    klankton76 Posts: 11 Member
    I like the Smuckers natural honey peanut butter. But I rarely eat it. But definitely, whatever you get, get it natural. It's a lot less processed and less sugars even with the honey kind. It does have to be stirred up but I'll take stirring my peanut butter over the sugars and processed garbage any day. Besides, sometimes it can be it's own little arm workout lol.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    I make my own almond butter but, if you're going to buy it, just make sure that the only ingredient is almonds...and maybe salt. Many brands put in a ton of unnecessary sugar.
  • marcd90
    marcd90 Posts: 282 Member
    I'm a big fan of justin's
  • justcakes135
    justcakes135 Posts: 2 Member
    I like Justin's almond butter and Crazy Richards Peanut butter.
  • mikeoconnorx8
    mikeoconnorx8 Posts: 2 Member
    Meridan Organic Peanut butter
  • prispunch
    prispunch Posts: 13 Member
    I usually get Justin's Almond butter, or Artisana's walnut/cashew butter.
  • auntjudith254
    auntjudith254 Posts: 29 Member
    Once Again Organic. No salt, no sugar, and very delish.
  • herooney
    herooney Posts: 2 Member
    Peanuts are legumes not nuts. So if you want a nut butter, use Almond butter.
  • helenrosec1
    helenrosec1 Posts: 82 Member
    Almond butter, I hate peanuts.
  • Steph1080
    Steph1080 Posts: 7 Member
    Smuckers all natural? Better in the wallet and no added sugar. When I shop at SAMs club they have an all natural almond butter not sure what the brand is though. I love me some peanut butter
  • Budjola
    Budjola Posts: 148 Member
    smuckers +1, organic one is also good, but anything from smuckers if GOAT
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Artisana brand raw almond butter, raw walnut cashew butter -- really really good (and unfortunately too expensive). Just the nuts -- no salt, sugar or anything else.
  • MelissaBubbers
    MelissaBubbers Posts: 1 Member
    I buy the Smuckers Natural Peanut Butter and love it. Although, when I first tried it I didn't like it. I'm sure it was because I was use to the Peanut Butter that was loaded with sugar and other unpronounced ingredients. I've tried Almond Butter, it's okay for an alternative.
  • MaxT370
    MaxT370 Posts: 274 Member
    I like Justin's. If there's a Fresh Thyme store close to you, you can grind raw almond butter.
  • Gemini61454
    Gemini61454 Posts: 85 Member
    If you have a food processor make your own. Cuisinart and a jar of dry roasted peanuts, I do unsalted. Process until past the ball stage and smooth (it takes a while, be patient!) A pinch of kosher salt, a tsp of olive oil and a quick splash of sweetener of your choice (I like agave, honey, or maple syrup). You can taste the peanuts!! If you are a lover of peanut butter you'll never go back! There are videos you can watch to see how long to process.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    I love Trader Joe's creamy peanut butter - peanuts and salt are the only ingredients and it's half the cost of Smuckers and a fourth the cost of Justin's. Justin's almond butter is the bomb...but way too pricey and so tasty that I end up eating too much.
  • I like to fresh grind almond or peanut butter in the bulk department. It's way cheaper and there are no other added ingredients or preservatives.