Raw Recipes

Options
mel1abie
mel1abie Posts: 3 Member
Hi all,
I'm somewhat new to eating raw and was wondering what are ya'lls go to raw recipes that are tried and true and you just LOVE them? I have a husband who will eat raw if its flavorful but is not that excited about my desire to change. I need so great recipes to wow him over :) Please help!

Replies

• sasssurf
    sasssurf Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    How about marinating sprouted lentils in turmeric and cayenne pepper.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato pie frappe:

Makes one big drink or two small

About 1/4 of a sweet potato peeled (I like sweet potato whole juice, so I just add this)
    1/2 of a frozen banana (break in half before freezing for easy portions)
    1/4 cup unsweet almond milk (opt) (could add some soaked raw nuts instead if you don't use almond milk)
    1/2 - 1 cup water
    A good few dashes of pumpkin pie spice
    Hand full of ice
    1 tsp instant coffee powder, or a shot of espresso

Blend in your turbo blender. This is great when you are craving something sweet and naughty like a frozen coffee drink. You could add a date or two, but this is almost too sweet for me as is.
  • Rawvine
    Rawvine Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Raw Cheese Cake with strawberry topping. Not a everyday dish but quit yummy. Also raw taco...crumbled walnut mix wrapped in lettuce and all the toppings is really good. Of course, smoothes are always a winner bananas with at least 3 favorite fruits go over really well. Altaufo/champagne mango (the yellow one) with fresh vanilla powder from the vanilla pod sprinkled on top is delicious!
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for low calorie or low fat? If not, my go-tos would include walnut brownies, flax seed tostadas with guacamole and salsa, chocolate covered bananas, and nut burgers on onion bread. Of course, eating like that is how I ended up here.
  • KombuchaKat
    KombuchaKat Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Raw walnut and Portobello mushroom taco meat in lettuce wraps, or on a salad, with whatever other taco like toppings you want. My husband, who has never been and never will be a raw vegan, loves it. The recipe I use is on Nouveau Raw website.