Joined Weight Watchers; finding it compatible with VSG

Options
katematt313
katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
After gaining 15 lbs since last October, I've been looking for a way to start losing again.

My surgeon's office holds once monthly meetings but they are not very convenient. My dad recently came home from Florida, and he's gained about 30 lbs (which is not good!!). So I had an idea: Weight Watchers. I had done it before when I was younger, it helped, it is affordable and convenient. I need some accountability and my dad just plain old needs education about nutrition and portion sizing.

So, I rejoined WW on Tuesday, and I am really happy with it. I have been dual logging on MFP and on the WW app (which is similar, but counts points instead of calories). Yesterday, I ate/drank all of my 32 WW points, and it turned out to be just over 1,400 calories. If I ate more free foods (most fruits and veggies have no points), my WW points would have stayed the same, but I would have had more calories on MFP. I got plenty of protein and kept my carbs low, which is in keeping with VSG rules. I'm okay with that intake. My food log is open on MFP, so feel free to take a look at yesterday's intake.

Since Tuesday, I've already lost 4 lbs.

Anyone else doing WW and want to "weigh in" on their experience?

Replies

• preciousEMT
    preciousEMT Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My fiancé' smother just joined. Since their latest revision, they are focusing more on protein and lower carb veggies and it seems compatible with our general guidelines. I'm still early on so I can't eat much but as I get further I may join her in some of her meals and such.
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    That's a good plan. Being right out of surgery, you wouldn't want to go to weight watchers! I can't even imagine the crap you would get being on a liquid diet and eating ~800 calories per day. When you can eat solids and have regular small meals it is more appropriate :smile:
  • akowens78
    akowens78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am a WW member also. I think it's a great support system. And it'll help keep you on track in the long run
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm 18 months out, down about 110 and stalling. Considering joining WW. I just joined a gym yesterday and signed up for an assessment and 6 personal trainer classes. I'll give it a few weeks and see if the exercise gets the scale moving south. If I'm still struggling I might go back to WW. I've been a member several times over my lifetime. It's a great program. I was just wondering how it would jive with VSG as my daily target is 1200 calories daily but sometimes I'm a little over.