Carb cycling protect metabolism?

Options
winninglosing43
winninglosing43 Posts: 33 Member
I have read several books stating carb cycling helps protect yor metabolism as you lose weight on a low carb woe... basically 6 days a week low carb (under 30grams) and then one day a week you do high carb veggies like potatoes, fruit, and corn (about 100grams).

Has anyone here experimeneed wth carb cycling?

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I'm getting to the point where I'm considering it, due to listening to the diabetes summit a couple weeks back. I'm considering it because so much of my metabolism and such is utterly broken. I'm not sure what I'm doing right now, other than a lot of research.

www.healthfulpursuit.com has a series of podcasts on it, though as she's adapted her plan more to her own needs, she said she doesn't incorporate this anymore...
  • winninglosing43
    Options
    Check out this video.... it seems to make ALOT OF SENSE! ESP considering I've been doing low carb diets since my son was born 15 years ago it's no wonder they don't work as well with my metabolism all messed up...

Watch "Carb cycling explained in layman's terms" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/E-DeeNWLBcg
  • winninglosing43
    Options
    Also, Chris Powell (extreme weight loss show) states in his book that all the people he trains are on a carb cycling type eating program with mostly low carb days.... I've never considered it before now but I think I am going to try it for a few weeks and see how I feel/what my numbers look like.