Spring to Summer Challenge: May 6th to July 8th

Options
gaylebodine
gaylebodine Posts: 1,678 Member
Hi Guys, another 9 week challenge is coming up and looking forward to getting some movement in my scale numbers, on the walking path, and on my journey to improved health. Thanks for your energy, loyalty to your fitness goals and general support for the Senior Challenge tribe!! On May 6th please give your summary of progress in the "Lean into Spring" challenge, like where you are with your fitness goals, and clearly list your goals for this 9 weeks. The clearer your goals and commitment, the more success will be yours!

Replies

• grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a day early, but have a full day scheduled tomorrow -- 8 hours on my feet, but I am getting an hour massage after work.

Well, I haven't been doing so good, but I am at 167 today. Since my exercise is iffy, I'll be happy at 162!

As far as fitness, I'm struggling. I have dropped from my usual 1 1/2 hours to trying to get in 45 minutes a day. If I can get the rest of my health issues under control, I should be able to work back up.

CW: 167
    Goal Weight: 162
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Gosh people! Broken bones now too!

Keep you chin up, Beth. (Or I guess your eyes down!)

I am struggling too. I got a call back after a mammogram for another mammogram on one and an ultrasound on the other! Not sure which boob I should worry about! I am trying to keep in mind:

" 90% of call backs will be given the all clear with additional mammogram pictures and, in some cases, an ultrasound. If the call back results in the need for a biopsy, know that 4 out of 5 biopsies are negative for cancer. The odds are in your favour, and you should not worry until you have something to worry about."

So I am trying to keep my chin up until next Tuesday. But as you all know, it is difficult to keep the mind occupied.

Charlie, have you read the Jim Johnson book "The 5 minute Plantar Fasciitis Solution? He is a physical therapist so, of course, it boils down to stretching. It helped me. ankle flexibility stretches. The wall stretch (which i thought of as a calf stretch but does the ankle too). The stair stretch (dropping your heal below the stair edge) and flexing the toes up while seated. The best (not in the book), using a resistance band, , pointing toes down, then flex foot to the inside and to the outside against the band. Made a huge difference to my SIL too.

Thanks to you all for being here and continuing when weight loss is such a struggle for me.

Marney
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I NEED the new commitment!

For the spring to summer challenge: My goal is 162, like Charlie. This is a very small goal but I have achieve a weight gain in a year (!) struggling with the same 5 lbs. So my goal is simply to get back to my lowest weight and do not stray about it. I hope for more weight loss but this is my goal for now and I will reassess when I achieve this one.

I am playing golf twice a week, starting to walk again regularly. So exercise is back.

I have abandoned the very low carb protocol. It works for Peter, the doctor is pleased with results, but it disagrees with me. So I will be upping my carbs and perhaps going back to the DASH diet which worked for me.