Just started today and looking for friends who are committed to success

Options
I am starting a low carb lifestyle today - I have done it before with great success but those of you who have fallen off the low carb wagon know the siren's song of carb-y foods. Well, I just strangled the siren :D
I am committed to losing 50 pounds of lard in 2016 and feeling AMAZING. I would love any advise, support, kicks in the rear end, and friends to join me on the journey. My diary is open to friends and I log everything - even the embarrassing stuff - and love feedback. Here's to our health! Sharon

Replies

• DimplesInProgress
    DimplesInProgress Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I too am re-starting the low carb lifestyle... I would love a friend to help keep me accountable and to share ideas with!
  • anitadanafit
    anitadanafit Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am just starting low carb and learning so much about better food choices. Just curious, how long do the carb cravings last?
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I'm sending you a friend request @anitadanafit, but to answer your question, it's different for everyone, many see cravings disappear within the first week, some take longer.
  • pjwood1967
    pjwood1967 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have 70+# to lose. I have an open diary please add me as a friend. Also have a LCHF or keto recipe board on pinterest @pjwood0317 with some very good ideas especially the cloud bread because I can't eat a hamburger or sandwich without the bread.
  • FatTo4everFine
    FatTo4everFine Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I started on yesterday and also have a goal of around 70#s to lose. Thanks!
  • yablomx10
    yablomx10 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I too am familiar with the siren's call!
  • Kate4050Kate
    Kate4050Kate Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm starting the LCHF today (again...) I fell off the wagon many times, but after this diet/lifestyle I never tried anything else. I know it works. My "problem" is that I don't smoke, I drink with moderation (now I'm going teetotal), so when I'm under stress I eat. Pizza. Pasta. Rice. Potato. I guess it's just time to be grown-up about it and not use this "reward-system".
    I hope we can help each other!
  • Unice95
    Unice95 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am on this journey and would love to have a group to help me perfect this way of eating.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    The LCD group is very active, and informative! Maybe jump over there too?! Good luck!
  • amyniehaus86
    amyniehaus86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have re-started as well. I have had success low-carbing in the past and look forward to it again! I wish you all the best! :)
  • rlengland2014
    rlengland2014 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Getting back on track! Needs encouragement!
  • Jo4applerose
    Jo4applerose Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I started low carb high fat today no dairy as well. I was doing it for weeks but could not reduce weight so now I am here also watching my calories. Does anyone know the proper ratio fat/carb/protein and also isn't difficult to stay within the allotted calories while eating so much fat?
  • sunnyd77
    sunnyd77 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Same here, looking for buddies! I did the Dr Hyman blood sugar 10 day detox, felt awful for the first couple of days then amazing and lost 7lbs! I went to maui right after and ...well, lots of mai tais and pina coladas later, I have been trying to continue to eat low carb, higher fat. I've added dairy back in and have been trying to avoid sugar as much as possible. I am still trying to lose baby and stress weight (work stress and grief of recently losing my mom in law). I have about 50 pounds to lose!
    Wine is my biggest weakness! Wine and microwave popcorn.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Hello! I started yesterday, after many varied attempts, resulting in twenty more pounds to lose! Oh joy! :D I'm looking for lchf friends, as well. Thank you!
  • grandmaJMB
    grandmaJMB Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend please. I have tried about every diet there is out there. I started this diet at the end of June. I find I like this way of eating and I am determined to make it a way of life.
    A couple days ago I decided to throw a little twist on it and added the IF-intermitted fasting-
    I fast for 16 hrs and have a 8 hr window to eat my meals. It has helped me get things moving and I can't wait to weigh myself on Monday to see the results. Anyway, my dairy is open. :)
  • howiegal
    howiegal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd love some low carb friends too!
  • jackfox68
    jackfox68 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I started low carb high fat today no dairy as well. I was doing it for weeks but could not reduce weight so now I am here also watching my calories. Does anyone know the proper ratio fat/carb/protein and also isn't difficult to stay within the allotted calories while eating so much fat?

Check out www.dietdoctor.com. Basically the proper ratio is around 75% Fat/20% Protein/ 5% Carbohydrates. This should get you into ketosis. If it doesn't you can try dropping the carb content slightly, or try intermittent fasting.

Best of luck!
  • bradcfairchild
    bradcfairchild Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    A friend told me about this weird diet where he lost 50 lbs in the last 6 months. Guess what? I'm on that weird diet now too. It sounded so strange at first. Not eating easy carbs is hard, at least the decision to do it is hard. I'm 5 days into it. Started officially on Sunday August 14th 2016, but I was toying with it on Friday and Saturday. Took me several weeks from the time I saw my friend, reading a bunch, thinking about it, talking to my wife, etc, before I committed. I think I can say I've lost 4 lbs, time will tell. It's really not as hard as I thought. And, I like the sausage in the morning. Last week I didn't care about calories. I'm sure I went way over. This week I think I should be more conscious of them.

Any thoughts on that?

I don't have ketone sticks yet, but I'm pretty sure I've been in Ketosis for 3 days. I feel good. I felt great after a big hike on Wednesday. I miss fruit. I understand getting into Ketosis takes a careful balance, so fruit is out for a while.

Does anyone use this off and on? Like do it for a month or so, then enjoys some delicious peaches and ice cream? Our peach tree will be ripe in another few weeks... :smile: .

Were going on a Mediterranean cruise in a few months. Who has faced chocolate melting cake and stayed on the diet? I can guarantee it wont be me. But I wont eat 2 of them, my wife and I will probably split one between us.

I am looking forward to reading what everyone is doing with keto.
  • moonlights
    moonlights Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I restarted last week - I lost 50lbs on this diet previously and have spent the last three years regaining some, losing some, regaining.... This time I really need to keep my focus. Ive lost 7lbs in my first 7 days so it's been a good start!
  • retro1981
    retro1981 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Anyone who wants to add me please do so, I have been low carbing since 2002. Currently age 35, 5ft 7 & 75kg