Just a beginner

Options
MicheletteLew
MicheletteLew Posts: 9 Member
So got the book which I haven't read much of it yet. I was wondering - what works well for you on the 500 calorie days? do you just snack - or do you eat a small meal? and what time of day works best lunch or dinner? I saw that you really need to preplan your fast day. I don't eat sodas and salty stuff. I prefer something healthy.
Thanks!

Replies

• sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I eat one meal about 6:15pm. During the day I drink unsweetened tea. I eat salad with avocado for dressing and either soup or tofu as the main course, plus a piece of fruit. Or, I will have veggie tacos but that will bring me up into the 600 plus calorie range. I agree on eating something healthy because healthy stuff tends to be lower calorie so you get more volume. I do have a square of dark chocolate before bed as a treat.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hi. For me, I have to have a little something during the day. Some people can wait until about 4pm then just have some broth or teas to wait even further. But I can not. I do have lots of water to start, tea etc but I have to have some nutrition by 2pm and most time by noon, or I won't stick to that day being a fd. I like a half cup of 1% cottage cheese and diced Roma tomato with lots of pepper (which I'm going to have today). Or a package of oatmeal with seeds cooked and topped with almond milk, or just a banana with a little smear of peanut butter on it, or other fresh or dried fruits. Just something to get me through the day. I don't have a problem having a good meal for around 300 cals... Then sometimes I can even have a yogurt around 8pm. Good luck and check out the Internet for meals under 500 cals to get ideas. I would really try to fast as long as you can and you'll figure out what's best for your body.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    I am a short gal, and I stick closer to 400 cals which I split between lunch and dinner. 200 calories goes a lot further than you might think. :)
  • Juliemoo1960
    Juliemoo1960 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I normally do lunch and dinner and miss breakfast. I found the later I start to eat the better it is for me as once I start I want to carry on. Good luck but do what feels best for you and the only way to do that is to try and experiment.
  • klmcneil1
    klmcneil1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm a breakfast person, and feel like I really need to start my day with something, usually a boiled egg and piece of fruit around 8am. Unsweetened tea during the day, then small dinner at around 7pm.

So, basically there's no best way to do it, just what works for you.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I'm a lunch and dinner candidate. Usually 150 call for lunch and the rest for dinner. I keep my protein and veggies high and my grain / starchy carbs low on fast days.