Triggers...

Options
2»

Replies

• nitallica
    nitallica Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I hired a physical trainer this week. I know this will be good for me. I need accountability to make myself get out of the house and it will get me more active. My first session is Wednesday. I'm nervous.
  • PennyBrew
    PennyBrew Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new trainer Nitallica! I haven't ever worked out with a trainer but I know quite a few. They can make a huge difference when it comes to motivation.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I had a friend that was a trainer. She helped me a lot and told me to text her at any time. I wish I hadn't lost contact with her. She was very encouraging.
  • maddybear
    maddybear Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Mine is definitely stress. I work at Starbucks and it's one of the busiest stores in the Southeast. It's really difficult not to go on a ten and grab a cheese danish or some other unhealthy pastry. I've been a lot more cautious about it lately and have started taking my own meals so I don't feel as tempted. At least I've conquered adding sugar to my iced coffees and teas. One step at a time.

I love the idea of a texting buddy though. I really think something like that could be good for me!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    maddybear wrote: »
    Mine is definitely stress. I work at Starbucks and it's one of the busiest stores in the Southeast. It's really difficult not to go on a ten and grab a cheese danish or some other unhealthy pastry. I've been a lot more cautious about it lately and have started taking my own meals so I don't feel as tempted. At least I've conquered adding sugar to my iced coffees and teas. One step at a time.

I love the idea of a texting buddy though. I really think something like that could be good for me!

That would be very hard for me. Especially in the winter. I think that every time I walk past a Subway at Wal Mart. The smell of it gets to me. Although, it's not terribly unhealthy. The breads not the best for you. And, I don't know if I can do a salad at Subway... Haha
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Oddly enough, tons of stress at work and I'm having to force myself to eat. Better than overeating, I suppose. But, when nothing sounds good, it's hard to eat.
  • jalynwatson21
    jalynwatson21 Posts: 33 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I am underweight, but still suffer from serious food cravings. Triggers for me are not eating enough the day before, then feeling ravenous after my morning weight-lifting. Also whenever I see people eat foods that are delicious but super unhealthy, I get bad anxiety and feelings of wanting to gorge myself. Also I have trigger foods, such as granola. I cannot keep granola in the house because otherwise I'd eat it all in one sitting. What helps me is finding healthy alternatives to whatever I'm craving.
  • PennyBrew
    PennyBrew Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am underweight, but still suffer from serious food cravings. Triggers for me are not eating enough the day before, then feeling ravenous after my morning weight-lifting. Also whenever I see people eat foods that are delicious but super unhealthy, I get bad anxiety and feelings of wanting to gorge myself. Also I have trigger foods, such as granola. I cannot keep granola in the house because otherwise I'd eat it all in one sitting. What helps me is finding healthy alternatives to whatever I'm craving.

I completely understand what you mean by trigger foods. There are a couple of "healthy" brands of chips that I will sit down and eat the entire bag if it's in the house. Sometimes I have to remind myself that just because a food is healthier doesn't mean I can eat unlimited quantities of it.
  • elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Wine. Late night tv and solitude. So currently I'm just trying not to drink while watching my shows. Just lots of water. It's helping. Unless I'm sad/mad about something. So there's that trigger too.