It will all work out, right?

Options
Wakey618
Wakey618 Posts: 160 Member
I fell Saturday night and badly bruised my ribs. It hurts like heck. Part of the recommended routine for healing is REST. That normally sounds great, but I've gotten into such a great workout routine lately that it scares me that I have to stop for a while. I'm afraid I'll gain weight, and end up back to where I started from.

I know better, that this won't really happen, and that this injury came at a good time - when my body is in much better shape than before. I will heal more quickly. I know these positive things, and am generally a very positive person but this has me rankled for some reason. I just need to hear that it will all be ok and will work out well in the end...and that it would be stupid to push myself to workout right now.

Replies

• dgncnc
    dgncnc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    it's all gonna be alright, no worries! Rest and don't stress. stress will negate any good work your body is able to accomplish, so just enjoy this time best you can and consider it a mini vacation. Find some good books and movies, you'll be up to snuff in no time!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Allow your body the time it needs to heal. Remaining on plan, food wise, will serve you well! Feel better!
  • Wakey618
    Options
    Thanks for the reassurance. I know it will be ok but sometimes I just really need to hear it from someone else.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Get your rest. Ask if you can still go for walks or do ai chi (tai chi in the pool) or something gentle if you're getting waaaay too restless.

And yes, it would not be good to push yourself to workout right now. Would you rather wait a shorter amount of time now to heal, or a longer amount of time starting 3 days from now because you pushed too hard?
  • Wakey618
    Options
    That's the logic I'm using, Twibbly. Patience. Do what I'm supposed to do now so that I can do what I want to do later - and I really do love working out!