05/11 Wednesday Day 11 SLBC

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
r25zdvd0i5hk.jpg

YouTubing It!

Today's challenge is to check out an exercise video on You Tube and do it! Why not try something new? Maybe Tai Chi or that heart pounding dance video your friend has been raving about? It doesn't matter how intense the activity is. What counts is that we get up and MOVE!

Alternative Challenge:
Go out and try drawing/painting nature. Set it up so you are standing and try and draw/paint what interests you outside!

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,836 Member
    Options
    What fun challenges! I'll see which happens today. I know - I'll look up an English Country dance on You tube and try it! First, I've got a date to meet my sister at Curves and then go shopping with my hubby for a new grill. It will be a great day! :)
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    This is a perfect challenge for my day!
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new around this group and this seems like the perfect day to start the challenges. I'll do some Zumba!
  • Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    What a cool idea! Can't wait to get home from work to do it.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Happy to see that so many of you are up for today's challenge!! I always find interesting new workout ideas on YouTube myself. I'm thinking a little Tai Chi sounds good this evening.

Keep in mind if neither the daily challenge nor the alternative challenge is a good fit for you, practicing your "one thing" or heading out for a walk are always options. Whatever works for you and fits into your life. There are an almost unlimited number of ways to sit less and move more. The daily challenges are just some ideas.

We love the feedback on what challenges you particularly like as we will then use them again in future Boot Camps.
  • karbruce
    karbruce Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I will give this a try when I get home. maybe I'll even search on my break so I already have something lined up!
  • memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I am going to try one of these later tonight. If I don't accomplish one I will use my one thing today.
  • starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,707 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'll turn on my Richard Simmons dance videos! Haven't done that in ages....
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea!!
  • themedalist
    Options
    Hello! I'm new around this group and this seems like the perfect day to start the challenges. I'll do some Zumba!

Welcome, @inskydiamonds to the Challenge-A-Day group which this month is Sit Less Boot Camp! We are glad you are here!
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Well, I did try to find a exercise video, but apparently this just wasn't my thing yesterday. I ended up going out for an after dinner walk with my husband instead. Still something to get myself out and moving more.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,836 Member
    Options
    Well, it turned out my exercise video was a "How to assemble your new grill" video. Not a particularly fun one, but I had a very active day, and I now have a new grill for all my grilling. :)
  • hollyhock1009
    hollyhock1009 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I didn't actually find a new YouTube video yesterday - but I exercised to one I found a week ago - Jessica Smith's 13 minute Standing Ab Workout. (I'm trying to do this 2-3 times a week now.)
  • themedalist
    Options
    @taxmom9093, @77tes, and @hollyhock1009, even if yesterday's YouTube challenge didn't go exactly as planned, you all were still up and moving and that's the important thing. Enjoy your new grill, @77tes!
  • jlperiard
    jlperiard Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love doing Just Dance on Wii. It's great exercise and it's fun too.
  • themedalist
    Options
    jlperiard wrote: »
    I love doing Just Dance on Wii. It's great exercise and it's fun too.

@jlperiard, although I don't have a Wii, that does sound like a lot of fun!