How much weight have you lost so far?

Options
am_change
am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
edited May 2016 in Social Groups
Hi, I thought I'd make a group where we can motivate and encourage each other with our weight loss following the same format as the 'how much weight have you gained?' In the pregnancy group. So here goes...

Total pregnancy weight to lose: 41 lbs
Total weight loss needed for healthy bmi: 79lbs

Week 2 pp weight loss:10lbs Total pp weight loss: 10lbs
Week 3 pp weight loss:4lbs Total pp weight loss: 14lbs
Week 4 pp weight loss:1lb Total pp weight loss: 15lbs
Week 5 pp weight loss:2lbs Total pp weight loss: 17lbs
Week 6 pp weight loss:1lb Total pp weight loss: 18lbs
Week 7 pp weight loss:1lb Total pp weight loss: 19lbs
Week 8 pp weight loss:2lbs Total pp weight loss: 21lbs
Week 9 pp weight loss:2lbs Total pp weight loss: 23lbs
Week 10 pp weight loss:1lb Total pp weight loss: 24lbs
Week 11 pp weight loss:1lb Total pp weight loss: 25lbs
Week 12 pp weight loss:2lbs Total pp weight loss: 27lbs

Replies

• Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My daughter is almost 10 months (here in about 4 days!) and I've managed to lose all of the pregnancy weight as well as some pre-pregnancy weight. I'm still working on those last 10 pounds before we start trying for baby #2 this fall!

Pre-pregnancy weight: 185 (ish)
    Total pregnancy weight lost: 35 pounds
    Total pre-pregnancy weight lost: 20 pounds
    Goal weight: 155

We started going on walks about 3 days after we got home from the hospital (doctor approved) and I exclusively breastfed for 6 months. I'm still breastfeeding but she's also eating solids twice a day as well as munching on puffs and drinking some water.

Good luck to all the other postpartum moms out there!
  • gypsychic33
    gypsychic33 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 4 weeks old and we're breastfeeding. When I weighed last week I had lost 25lbs. I need to lose 25 more to get down to my pre pregnancy weight. I would like to lose about 20 more lbs than that though !

We walk most days (the weather has been a little crappy to take a newborn out)
  • mpkanewske
    mpkanewske Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My daughter is more than seven months now but I haven't lost anything since the initial postpartum fluid loss which is why I've joined MFP to track my calories and motivate myself! She's breastfed and being introduced to solid foods. I set my initial calorie goal at 2000 and will adjust down as needed.
  • gypsychic33
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend ladies :)
  • wantoldme
    wantoldme Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    sorry I'm not a new mom but I want to get in the best shape possible before I try getting pregnant in September.
  • am_change
    Options
    Hi there! My daughter is almost 10 months (here in about 4 days!) and I've managed to lose all of the pregnancy weight as well as some pre-pregnancy weight. I'm still working on those last 10 pounds before we start trying for baby #2 this fall!

Pre-pregnancy weight: 185 (ish)
    Total pregnancy weight lost: 35 pounds
    Total pre-pregnancy weight lost: 20 pounds
    Goal weight: 155

We started going on walks about 3 days after we got home from the hospital (doctor approved) and I exclusively breastfed for 6 months. I'm still breastfeeding but she's also eating solids twice a day as well as munching on puffs and drinking some water.

Good luck to all the other postpartum moms out there!

Wow! You've done amazingly! Any top tips?!

• am_change
    Options
    mpkanewske wrote: »
    My daughter is more than seven months now but I haven't lost anything since the initial postpartum fluid loss which is why I've joined MFP to track my calories and motivate myself! She's breastfed and being introduced to solid foods. I set my initial calorie goal at 2000 and will adjust down as needed.

When I'd mentioned to my mum that breastfeeding should help me lose weight she laughed and said not in our family sorry! I've read quite a lot about it since saying that lots of women struggle with weight loss while breastfeeding. And sleep deprivation also hinders weight loss so it's not easy! But we will get there!
  • gypsychic33
    Options
    I have been soo tired today ! Ugh we've laid around most of the day today. We had a busy day yesterday and did not get much sleep last night so I'm trying not to be too hard on myself.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I am about 14 weeks pp with #2 (I also have a 2.5 year old). Things are busy, I am lucky if I can get 2-3 workouts in a week (at 30 min at a time, sometimes not so much). I try not to be too hard on myself especially since my little guy likes to eat all night :(
    I am also breastfeeding, I am pretty close to my pre-pregnancy weight (down about 33lbs) so now just working on composition. I am not really tracking on here, but when I do I have my goal set to 2700 cals which allows for a 0.25-5lb per week loss as well as keeping my milk supply up.. so far so good.

• mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm quite a bit post-partum (15 months) but I still have 70 pounds to lose to be a healthy weight.

Pre-pregnancy I was 205 - after two back-to-back miscarriages (starting at 160 pounds). I lost about 18 pounds while pregnant, then slowly gained it back during the third trimester. After giving birth I stuck to my thyroid diet and took my meds and I went and lost 30 pounds, but it almost all crept back in the ensuing months. I have 13 pounds left to go to get where I was last June.

I am currently breastfeeding my 15 month old and she eats all night, so I add 300 calories to my diet to compensate for that for a total of 1500 a day. This gets me about a pound a week. IF I stick to it. No time for workouts - high stress job and very clingy kid. It's a looooong road for me, but my goal for this year is to break 160 and be back to my pre-pre-pre-pregnancy weight. From there I'll work on the last 35 pounds :)
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    In 8 months 11kg or 24 pounds. 6kg to go
  • gypsychic33
    Options
    Did some hiking with the baby today, feels great !!
  • candykane787
    candykane787 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 9 months pp. He's my third child and I'm finding it more difficult to shed the pounds this time around. We're still breastfeeding but he does eat 3 meals a day as well . I was about 10 lbs overweight when I got pregnant. Starting weight was 128lbs now I'm about 134 . I don't care about the number so much as the way I feel. None of my clothes fit I feel like my weight just shifted right into my belly area. So I want to trim down and be healthy. I feel so tired all the time. Working towards healthy!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    My little guy (#3) is 8 months. I checked in at 215 pounds at 37 weeks, didn't look again til he was 3.5 months, I was 199. That was the end of december. Since then I have lost 30 pounds. I'm at 168.4 at my last checkin (i usually do friday or saturday). I walk anywhere that isn't too far, longest was about 1.5 hours. I lift 3x a week, i've worked up to 50 pounds for most lifts but am stuck there til I get more plates ( i work out at home). Still breastfeeding here as well.

Pre-pregnancy- 180 (ish)
    Total pregnancy weight lost- 35
    Total lost- 46.6 (since pregnancy), 62 (from my highest ever of 231)
    Goal- 145-150. I got there with MFP in 2013 and i'm staying there this time.
  • amarie210
    amarie210 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a 12 month old and had lost all my baby weight (45 pounds) plus a few extra by 4 months post-partum but PPD and winter set in and I gained about 15 pounds back. Now it's almost summer, PPD is under control and I'm ready to lose it again! My biggest issue is that baby still isn't sleeping through the night (so I'm exhausted) and is also not ready to wean. I found when I cut calories much below 2000/day my supply drops. I'm more than ready to be done breastfeeding though. Any tips? My older daughter self-weaned around 11 months without a problem. This time around I'm not so lucky.
  • am_change
    Options
    You're all doing amazingly! Battling things like dealing with miscarriages and ppd. Women are so strong!

I've just posted a weekly weigh in discussion on this group in the hope we can spur each other on. Knowing I'm going to have to post if I've stayed the same or gained is an extra incentive to keep on track to make sure I lose!
  • shanamaier
    shanamaier Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am 10 months pp and only lost 10 pounds despite my best efforts. I have 15 more to go from weight I got pregnant at and 30 to go to get back to weight I was year before I got pregnant. I am here for support and accountability. The thought of putting on summer shorts and a bathing suit makes me want to laugh (or cry).
  • DianeBente
    DianeBente Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm am 9 months pp today. I gained 50lbs while pregnant and still have some to lose. Just started tracking and walking last week.

Pre pregnancy - 134lbs ( my lowest since high school)
    Pregnancy - 182lbs
    Currently- 153lbs!

I'm most comfortable at 145lbs, but that bikini felt good two years ago!

What do you breastfeeding moms count as calories burned from feeding? And what calorie intake is best?
  • Quiglep
    Quiglep Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm almost 14 mths pp. Put on 2 and half stone ish during pregnancy. Most fell off over the first few months but really struggled with last nine pounds or so. Was totally motivated going back to work was happy with shape I was in, that was 2 weeks before Xmas. It all went downhill after that! Think I put a stone back on. Have lost almost 7 lbs again according to scales but when i look in mirror I just look and feel so frumpy. Not sticking to my calories every day and have low iron so finding it hard to get energy to exercise. Hoping this group will provide motivation!
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Just had baby #2 on May 5th! Did my first workout yesterday and feel amazing. Looking forward to getting back into things over the summer. Good luck, mommas! :)

Pre-pregnancy weight: 122
    End pregnancy weight: 145
    Goal weight: 115-120

1 week postpartum: 132

Total lost: 13 lbs