Failed

Options
vilenski193
vilenski193 Posts: 49 Member
Well today was a horrid eating day. I started out sting through lunch and dinner I let go. I had a hard emotional day and so I had wine and carbs. Not even the good ones I crave rather whatever. I'm hoping tommorrow will be better but the stress and loneliness it's making me feel is getting to me ! I hope I can be better tom. Needed to confess to hold myself accountable. Goodnight

Replies

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    But how do you feel?

(If not crummy enough for it to feel like punishment, you could sentence yourself to eat nothing but nuts & cheese with your next bottle of wine....)

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that, (in general, not specifically), more times than I care to count or remember. Important thing is to come back swinging...at least one more time than you fall!
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    New meal, new choices. No judgement. Look at it with curiosity instead. You mentioned some stressors-- did these choices help those triggers or not? What learning points can you find?

It's not all or nothing. It's about learning as you go.
  • KeithF6250
    KeithF6250 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    But how do you feel?

(If not crummy enough for it to feel like punishment, you could sentence yourself to eat nothing but nuts & cheese with your next bottle of wine....)

I just got back from my wife's service awards dinner, 30 years with the hospital. Crappy banquet food most of which I didn't eat. I got home and ate 2 cheese sticks, 1/4 cup of nuts and 2 glasses of wine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H5uWRjFsGc
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I think learning as you go is a key concept. It's really helped me, rather than getting down on myself and giving up (even for a day).
  • zippyten
    zippyten Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Its hard to realise a bad day is not failure, it's a bad day. Its the acknowledging it (which you've done) , and trying to be nice to yourself ( a bit i struggle with) and knowing there will be bad days as life is bloody hard.
    By writing it down you've won, its real, there's no shame and it is one day.
    now i need to heed my own garble when i get down....:/