Helpful husbands

Options
SlimSonic
SlimSonic Posts: 127 Member
edited May 2016 in Social Groups
I have been really down just lately, completely off track. Hubby and I were talking about it yesterday, he was trying to be supportive, but really wasn't.

He has managed to loose 13kg on CICO through MFP...

He has just come home with some inspiration for me.... Cant decide whether to laugh or cry!

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Well... He's trying... A+ for effort! :wink:
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    SlimSonic wrote: »
    I have been really down just lately, completely off track. Hubby and I were talking about it yesterday, he was trying to be supportive, but really wasn't.

He has just come home with some inspiration for me.... Cant decide whether to laugh or cry!

Roll it up and bop him on the nose with it. After all, you'd rub the dog's nose in crap like that, right? ;)
  • suesuarez
    suesuarez Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just can't. ::face palm::
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Awww I'm sorry. It's so tough trying to find that perfect groove with your partner when it comes to lifestyle changes / food habits. I've been "dieting" 12 of the 15 years my husband and I have lived under the same roof together and for the first time ever, he's finally morphed into the perfectly supportive husband. I don't know what finally clicked between us, but it sure wasn't easy getting to this point. And to be honest, I think it's more about the fact that I'm so enthusiastic about my woe/wol now than it is about him changing.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Buy him a box of extra small condoms?

LMAO :D
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    They all have they're moments. Mine actually made me go to the gym with him Sat when I didn't want to. He scored points for that :)
  • hakamruth
    hakamruth Posts: 124 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My husband thinks I am eating way too much meat. But he stills cooks up my hamburgers and steaks for the week anyway. :smile: I think he is just jealous because he has to be careful how much meat he consumes because of his gout.
  • moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I don't understand what the problem is (serious).
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

Finger cots, BWAHAHAHA! >:)
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    SlimSonic wrote: »

BTW... Laura's wearing Spanx and she's been photoshopped along her outline. Worked in the fashion industry for a bit...I know what I'm talking about. Don't give up!
  • cairnsmom
    cairnsmom Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    As we say in Oklahoma, "Bless his lil pea pickin' heart." He tried. Which is easy for me to say on this side of the screen.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    nvmomketo wrote: »

Finger cots, BWAHAHAHA! >:)

Hahahaaaaa!

And that's holding the family-sized tube of Simple Truth Extra-Strength Rectal Wart Eradication Ointment (with aloe) for a truly fitting occasion. B)
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Lol, they all have their moments. One time I was bemoaning my fat self (yet again) and I commented that it would be awesome if I could lose 1 pound a day every day. He says to me "there're only 365 days in a year." No, I didn't kill/hurt/maim him, though the thought did cross my mind. We still laugh about it now.