Eat to Perform?

Options
marathon_44
marathon_44 Posts: 62 Member
Has anyone done the Eat to Perform program for more than a month? Over the next year, I'm looking to lose 10 pounds of fat (let's face it, I'd hope to do that quicker than a year from now) and gain a little muscle. I'm considering trying ETP, as what I've done in the past isn't working for these last 10 pounds, but I wonder whether it is worth the money or not. I've done a search, but the vast majority of the responses are in the vein of "I just started!" Looking to get input from people who have done it for a good chunk of time and whether they had good results or not. Thanks!

Replies

• bowhuntr09
    bowhuntr09 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The program definitely works! This lady goes to my former box and she had tremendous success with it.

eattoperform.com/2015/06/18/etp-member-spotlight-janet/
  • klwells08
    klwells08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I've been using ETP for about four months now. So far, I really like it. I've increased my calories by huge numbers from ~1500 per day to 2300 on rest days and working my way up to 2700 on workout days. I'm working my way up slower than suggested because I was having a hard time adding the calories each week, every two seems to work better for me. I haven't done a PFFL (performance focused fat loss) cycle yet, they want you at your full TDEE for a number of weeks before you start that; however, I have lost about 7 pounds and my clothes are fitting much better.

So far, I've PR'd every lift we have maxed and my WOD times are much better. I'm sleeping better (not as hungry) and have more energy overall.

It was suggested to me by someone in my box who has been on it for a couple of years now. Her results have been fantastic.
  • tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I bought the books and read them but got hurt shortly after and don't know want to implement it fully until I'm 100%. I did find it interesting and informative and I can see how it could be a good method of crossfitters.
  • StephaniePaige1020
    StephaniePaige1020 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The majority of serious athletes in my box use ETP and we have an official ETP coach IN our box so it's awesome! I have had great success with it as have MANY of my friends. It's a good program if you stick to it and trust the process.
  • ahemming1
    ahemming1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You may want to look at Renaissance Periodization as well, renaissanceperiodization.com I follow them on IG. Bought their e-book that is specific to women. Compare, see what you think. There are a lot of people on-line that have had success with them. Look at RP_transformations for some inspiration on IG.
  • shaypearl
    shaypearl Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    ahemming1 wrote: »
    You may want to look at Renaissance Periodization as well, renaissanceperiodization.com I follow them on IG. Bought their e-book that is specific to women. Compare, see what you think. There are a lot of people on-line that have had success with them. Look at RP_transformations for some inspiration on IG.

I plan on starting this soon. I got the templates and the e-book RP for Women that is pretty interesting right now. A lot of people at my gym have started it with great success. I plan to get my crap together so hopefully I can see the same results.
  • motherofdragons84
    motherofdragons84 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Has anyone done the Eat to Perform program for more than a month? Over the next year, I'm looking to lose 10 pounds of fat (let's face it, I'd hope to do that quicker than a year from now) and gain a little muscle. I'm considering trying ETP, as what I've done in the past isn't working for these last 10 pounds, but I wonder whether it is worth the money or not. I've done a search, but the vast majority of the responses are in the vein of "I just started!" Looking to get input from people who have done it for a good chunk of time and whether they had good results or not. Thanks!

I did ETP for almost 6 months, I gained 10 pounds and couldn't take it. It's a process and if you're looking long term and are okay with "bulking" for a significant amount of time before cutting, then it may be for you. Also-- It's more focused on turning fat to muscle. Not the scale going down. I was too mental about the scale and therefore, had a hard time doing it long term.

I am now Paleo and slowly getting back to where I once was.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    That was largely the issue I had with it too. I weight almost 300 lbs. I just can't be adding more weight, and I don't want to remain that weight and just convert it to muscle. I need to lose body fat and maintain my current muscle mass, and ETP was just too many calories to do that.
  • Kekekylene
    Kekekylene Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have done it for over 2 years and have lost almost 100lbs and gained a ton of muscle, I am now a coach with them. Well worth it. :)