05/17 Tuesday Day 17 SLBC

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
r25zdvd0i5hk.jpg

Turn Off the TV, Turn on the Radio!

When the TVs on we tend to sit, but when the radio's on we want to move. Today's challenge is to trade in some TV viewing time and crank up the music instead. Spontaneous dance party....oh yeah!!!

Alternative Challenge:
Plan an active date with friends and family today. Call a friend to go to the gym or play a game! (Badminton soccer ping pong etc) Or go for a walk or go check out the sights together.

Replies

• betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'll try to get a walk in after work. I walk 30 minutes, total, in and out of work, but need some more exercise. Have a great day everyone!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    I'm going to play the radio today as I do my 15 minute pick up and cleaning this evening. It really does make it more fun. Have a great day, everyone!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I love that the radio is a community thing! When I listen to my favorite classical station, I know that my kids' old piano teacher, who is in a rest home many miles away, is listening to the same piece of music. :)
  • themedalist
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    I love that the radio is a community thing! When I listen to my favorite classical station, I know that my kids' old piano teacher, who is in a rest home many miles away, is listening to the same piece of music. :)

That's a great point about the radio, @77tes. The radio is a community resource that connects us together. Great observation!

• jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    That alternate challenge is already in the works!
  • hunnybcs
    hunnybcs Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group but I am in. I hate the TV! It is usually on because of my family and then I get sucked in.
  • themedalist
    Options
    hunnybcs wrote: »
    I'm new to the group but I am in. I hate the TV! It is usually on because of my family and then I get sucked in.

Welcome to our group and to Sit Less Boot Camp, @hunnybcs ! Glad you are joining us!
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    I only watch TV on day a week. Forcing myself to move the rest of the time. Thanks for this group!
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I did that!! I went on a 3 mile walk with my buddies from work. :smile:
  • hunnybcs
    hunnybcs Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Progress for the challenge! Danced on and off for over an hour and a half while cooking, cleaning, etc. LOVED Bon jovi best of concert on VHI!!!!
  • themedalist
    Options
    I did that!! I went on a 3 mile walk with my buddies from work. :smile:

Terrific, @HappyAnna2014 ! Not only were you active, but you inspired your coworkers to go out for a walk as well. That's awesome!
  • themedalist
    Options
    Progress for the challenge! Danced on and off for over an hour and a half while cooking, cleaning, etc. LOVED Bon jovi best of concert on VHI!!!!

Sounds like you had fun! Great job, @hunnybcs!

• taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I really didn't think this was going to work for me since I had a full day at work plus a music practice afterwards that's an hour away. But...as I was getting ready in the morning, I turned off my morning news show an hour early and turned on a podcast instead as I cleaned up the kitchen and made lunch etc. I ended up with enough time left over to take a walk around the block before I left for work. YAY
  • CherylPierce
    CherylPierce Posts: 73 Member
    Options

LOVE Bon Jovi! Sounds like great fun!
  • jlperiard
    jlperiard Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea. I did turn off my tv to get stuff done but I will turn on the radio as well. Music makes the time go by faster and makes it almost enjoyable.