Food syncing Fitbit -> MFP?

Options
sarahmichelef
sarahmichelef Posts: 127 Member
With all the ways that MFP search has been messed up lately, I'm contemplating jumping ship... for the moment I'm logging my food in FitBit, but it doesn't seem to be coming over here at all. Anybody have any ideas? Is there a hidden setting that I'm missing?

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, food does not sync from Fitbit to MFP. Only the other way around.
  • sarahmichelef
    sarahmichelef Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    well drat. so much for trying out FitBit food logging to see if it's improved enough... thanks!
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I think the only item that really syncs both ways is your weight - that can be logged in Fitbit or MFP and will show up in the other.

Food definitely doesn't go to MFP, though.

~Lyssa
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    You could still test it out on Fitbit - and basically do what Fitbit does with MFP meal syncs - total values.

Do a quick add calories on MFP side for whatever the meal ended up being.

Again, not great for normal usage - but if testing out how their diary works, at least keeps some value on MFP.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Actually, I think the problem with doing a quick add calories on MFP is that would then sync over to Fitbit. But, you could then delete it from your Fitbit log, so I guess that wouldn't be too bad.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    very true - that sync direction doesn't seem to have problems with most people, except additional entries added already.

I guess a one day quick calories then instead of each meal would be less annoying for those syncs coming back across.